Jewel of the Nile is a adventure/romance/comedy movie release in 1985. It is the sequel to Romancing the Stone. It was directed by Lewis Teague and was written by Mark Rosenthal and Lawrence Konner. The cast includes Michael Douglas, Kathleen Turner, Danny DeVito, Spiros Focás, Avner Eisenberg, and many others.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

At the end of Romancing the Stone we see Jack (Michael Douglas) show up with a yacht in New York and he takes Joan (Kathleen Turner) to go sailing around the world. They have become a little bored of this life and Joan goes to visit and Egyptian dictator who wants her to write his biography. After she leaves Jack learns that this dictator isn't exactly who he seems and that Joan's life is in danger. Jack and Ralph (Danny DeVito, a bad guy in the first movie) run into each other and Ralph ends up helping Jack out. Ralph largely comes along because of the rumor of a great treasure, "The Jewel of the Nile." They travel to Egypt and have many adventures along the way to save Joan and find the "jewel."

Not as good as the first, but it is funny. I think having DeVito and Douglas together instead of Turner and Douglas cost the movie something. Sure there is a few more laughs because of DeVito's larger role, but this movie has little of the sexual tension found in the first one. If you liked the Romancing the Stone this one is worth seeing.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.