user since
Thu Apr 29 1999 at 14:48:56 (24.9 years ago )
last seen
Sun Jan 6 2008 at 01:16:23 (16.2 years ago )
number of write-ups
101 - View the gilded frame's writeups (feed)
level / experience
4 (Wordsmith) / 1358
C!s spent
9
mission drive within everything
network poetry and ever-linking prose
specialties
karmic agility
motto
if I am not myself, who will be for me? yet if I am myself only, what am I?
most recent writeup
dragon fruit
Send private message to the gilded frame

second Glistening and lavish with floral carvings, the gold is but a thin cover to the wooden frame that holds the original, rough-cut designs. The enclosed space is fickle and images flutter in and out on a whim. The frame embraces each with the same stoic love and its true wooden intentions, jagged and rough, covered in gold leaf. At the moment its gaping mouth (or are they empty arms?) enfolds nothing...

"We are what we pretend to be"


"Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get all loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."
- the skin horse from THE VELVETEEN RABBIT

I've moved again.

Scott
1208 Pontiac Trail
Ann Arbor, MI
48105

dstb@umich.edu
(734) 730-0139

and you can message me at tgf (so much easier than my awkwardly long user name)


In the works
weekend sound track is... complete? Well, that's arguable. But all the tracks were turned in so I'm calling it a success. If you've got an audio group project, I'm interested. Message me.


ROBOT OPERA

I'm looking to create a colaberative multimedia event, a Robot Opera. The story is not yet well defined. It is based on a Kazaa mission I went on a few weeks ago, searching for robot and android songs. I added a couple others in and it started to give an illusion of plot line. The brief outline I have so far (including inspirational songs) is:
- man creates robots; "what's he building in there"-tom waits
- world fears robots; "8 Ball (ROBOTS!)"-dem bones
also "these machines were not built to love"- Electric Six
- robots develop an unrequited love; "don't be afraid of the robot"- Electric Six
- whole world explodes in robot rage

I'm hung up on this multimedia idea. Using Flash, or video or any format that can be digitized and be compressed to a reasonable size, I want to make a visual component to go with the music. I'm thinking about ten scenes that are about five minutes each. The scenes go together in loose way, like a musical or opera where the focus is on developing and describing specific moments and feelings rather than maintaining a continuous narative.

Please contact me if you are interested in this project in any way. This is wide open right now and any ideas are great assuming you have the ambition, time, and possibly the equiptment to put some work into it.

The final product would be released on CD as a set of seperate scenes which would allow for multiple formats (though it would be nice to stick to one) and sent out to at least everyone in the project. From there it can be distributed further under the finders-keepers license, which declares the world a library and all ideas in it available for free check-out.