Song written by Joss Whedon and performed by Giles (Anthony Stewart Head) during a dream sequence in 'Restless', the fourth season finale episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

The story so far: After using magic to pool their skills and defeating Adam, they relax at Buffy's house with a few rented movies and a couple of pizzas. Before long they're all fast asleep and being stalked in their dreams by the spirit of the first slayer. Thankfully avoiding the ease of making dream sequences look tacky, the episode reaches David Lynch levels of surrealism, culminating in Giles lyrically explaining the situation while backed by Four Star Mary and Chris Beck.

It's strange, it's not like anything we've faced before,
Yet seems familiar somehow.

Of course...

The spell we cast with Buffy
Must have released some primal evil
That's come back seeking...
I'm not sure what.
Willow, look through the Chronicles
for some reference to a warrior beast

I've got to warn Buffy,
There's every chance she might be next
Xander, help Willow
And try not to bleed on my couch, I just had it steam-cleaned.

No, wait...

At this point, Giles stops singing and follows a cable off-stage only to be faced with their adversary, leaving Buffy to deal with her alone.

Four Star Mary have appeared in the show previosuly as Seth Green's band, Dingoes Ate My Baby.

thanks to www.tvtome.com for the information about four star mary.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.