this writeup brought to you courtesy of the number 9. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9!
Count von Count is a muppet. But not just any muppet. The Count is an anything muppet, puppeted by Jerry Nelson.
"I am zee Count! I love to Count!"
ta Gen Wesc
sounds exactly like Gary Oldman in Bram Stoker's Dracula.

"Enter freely, and of your own free will. Vun visitor! Ah! Ah! Ah! Two Visitors! Ah! Ah! Ah!"

Since Oldman actually had a dialect coach to perfect his Romanian accent, this is more than a little worrying.

A character in the Tom Robbins best seller Event Cowgirls Get the Blues. A reasonably good friend to Sissy Hankshaw, the novels hero, the count has a very sensitive nose.

The Count was born October 9.
his best friends are Creepy his bat and Fatita his cat.
The Count and The Magnificent Mumford have the same head.
The Count has had two girlfriends, Countess Von Backwards and Countess Dahling Von Dahling.
Count von Count is a purple Muppet with a long pointy nose, big triangular ears, a cape, and a nifty monocle; he's controlled (puppeteered? Muppeteered?) by Jerry Nelson. He's not an Anything Muppet, as rescdsk claimed; Anything Muppets lack names and definied roles, but the Count has both. Specifically, he loves to count...and he'll count anything and everything. (Where was the Count during the 2000 presidential election? Can you imagine how useful he'd have been? "Vun vote for Boosh...Two votes for Boosh...Tsree votes for Boosh! Ah, ah, ah!").

He's also the star of one of my favorite Sesame Street skits of all time:

(The COUNT enters to see his bats flapping angrily.)

COUNT: What's wrong, my pets? Why are you angry?

BAT #1: 'Cause ... 'cause we want our rights! We're going on strike!

Other BATS: Yeah! We're on strike! (etc.)

COUNT: On strike? Ah, but what is wrong?

BAT #1: 'Cause we never have any fun! We never get to count!

BAT #2: It's our turn to count!

Other BATS (taking up the cheer): It's our turn to count! It's our turn to count! It's our turn to count!

COUNT (aside): Ah, I have an idea. (To bats) Okay, my darlings! You will get to count! You will get to count all the Counts in the room, and then, I, the Count, will count all the bats. (Laughs. Bats groan.) You first, my pets!

BAT #1: Wait a minute! What do you mean, count all the Counts? There's only one of you here!

COUNT: Precisely so! One wonderful Count! Ah, ah, ah...(Thunder and lightning; bats groan and complain.) Now it is my turn to count. One! Two! Three! Four! Five! Six! Seven! Seven batty bats! Ah, ah, ah! (More thunder and lightning.) Ah, fooled them again! Eight! Nine! Ten!...(fade out.)

Quite a union buster, that Count. Betcha he doesn't pay his bats minimum wage, either....

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.