A painfully bad gameshow presented by tennis 'Suberbrat' John McEnroe. Originally aired on ABC in America, the BBC has now bought rights to this foul abomination.

To start off with, contestants are shown getting their heart rates monitored and their knowledge tested in some silly split screen display, then they giving the usual video biography. At this point, the brave contestant steps up into a large dentist chair with a cute love heart on the back. The chair then rises up to a large stage surrounded by flaming torches.

On the left side of the screen a red heart appears with the contestant's heart rate displayed in it. McEnroe spends a few minutes insulting the biography, and then the game begins. The player is assigned a 'redline rate' 75% above their resting heart rate. If they go above this point they start to lose money, more as the game goes on.

An easy Millionaire style multiple choice question is asked with the added stupidity of showing the answers before the question. The contestant invariably gets it right and is treated to a small sum of money, 5% reduction to their redline rate and an introduction to their boyfriend/girlfriend/mother on a large video wall who will nag them to reduce their heart rate throughout the program.

A second question is asked and answered with similar effects to the first one. Then, a 'heartstopper' takes place and for 45 seconds questions are asked, which if answered correctly raises the redline rate by one heartbeat.

This charade continues in the usual fashion of increasing money and difficulty for every question, but every now and then to try to raise the contestant's heart rate and the program's viewer rate a few wussy sparklers are set off near the oblivious player. At any time after the third question the contestant can ask to 'stabilise' their total. This means that they can miss a question without losing, but gain no money from it.

Contestants can go home, minus their dignity only when they answer 7 questions, get a wrong answer or lose all their money by having a pulse rate too high. After they've gone, another takes their place and the whole procedure starts again.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.