Artist: Machine Head
Genre: metal
Label: Roadrunner Records

The controversial third album by Bay Area metal four-piece Machine Head. Produced by legendary metal producer Ross Robinson (Slipknot, Korn, Amen, Limp Bizkit), The Burning Red sees Machine Head expand their sound into areas such as the infamous rap-metal genre and emo. This proved to be a controversial move with some fans loving it and others accusing the band of selling out to the nu-metal commerical crowd. The band (vocalist and guitarist Robert Flynn, bassist Adam Duce, drummer Dave McClain and guitarist Ahrue Luster) are clearly in fine form on this album with a great expansive sound and a pace that, even when the tempo slows, never falters. Flynn, along with the rest of his band, clearly puts himself into every track 110% and the effort shows on tracks such as Five and The Blood, The Sweat, The Tears (at the end of the aforementioned track Flynn can be heard saying "I hope that was it, 'cause I'm gonna pass out!"). Flynn also incorporates more melody into the Machine Head sound on The Burning Red on tracks such as the cover of The Police's Message In A Bottle, From This Day, Silver, Devil With The Kings Card and The Burning Red. All in all, a must for any Machine Head fan and a terrific metal album on its own. A music video was made for the track From This Day. Followed by Supercharger.

Track List:

  1. Enter The Phoenix
  2. Desire To Fire
  3. Nothing Left
  4. The Blood, The Sweat, The Tears
  5. Silver
  6. From This Day
  7. Exhale The Vile
  8. Message In A Bottle
  9. Devil With The King's Card
  10. I Defy
  11. Five
  12. The Burning Red

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.