The Brian Jonestown Massacre is a rock and roll based in Los Angeles, California. The name Brian Jonestown Massacre may seem hokey, but it accurately sums up this band's aesthetic. Their key musical reference point is late Rolling Stones member Brian Jones, and their ramshackle self-destructive vibe is all too reminiscent of Jim Jones, of Jonestown Massacre fame.
Blending the smarmy drug-addled sonics of late-sixties Stones with the chime of The Byrds, the hooks of The Animals, and the monochromatic drone of The Velvet Underground within their swirl of twelve-string guitars, farfisa organs, and jaded vocals, Brian Jonestown Massacre cull some of the most head-spinning moments of sixties rock into a single, unified expression.
- Methodrone -- Bomp! 1995
- Spacegirl and Other Favorites -- Bomp!/Tangible 1996
- Their Satanic Majesties Second Request -- Tangible 1996
- Take It From The Man -- Bomp! 1996
- Thank God For Mental Illness -- Bomp! 1996
- Give It Back -- Bomp! 1997
- Strung Out In Heaven -- TVT 1998
- Bringing It All Back Home Again -- Which? records/Tangible-TVT 1999
- Zero -- Bomp 2000
- Bravery Repetition & Noise -- Bomp 2001