Located in scenic(?) Bethesda, Maryland, this diner has been around since time immemorial. So have the waitresses. I have a sneaking suspicion that these aged lovelies haven't actually removed their pancake make-up since 1945. One of the few restaurants left in Maryland in which it is legal to smoke. Do not eat the meat. Do not drink the water. I recommend the hashbrowns, and the milkshakes are fantastic.

Drunk high school kids converge on this place on Saturday nights. Consequently, the restrooms should be avoided at all costs.

There is also a Tastee Diner located in Fairfax, Virginia near the intersection of Route 29 and Chain Bridge Road. This location, known by the regulars as Tastee 29, is a sister to the location in Bethesda, Maryland. Tastee 29 is on the National Register of Historic Places. Tastee is open all night but the before 4am when all the local bartenders arrive you will be forced to deal with a bunch of drunken college students from George Mason University. The staff, while lacking many teeth, are truely elite. The food is great if you dont mind the fact is is cooked in a cubic fuckload of butter, and DO NOT eat the home fries unless you want your stomach to kill you.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.