A touching film about two Shaolin monks who got the boot for starting a fight and had to deal with life on the outside. It stared Jet Li who was betrayed by his power hungry best friend only to re-emerge from his let down with new powers in Tai Chi to become the Tai Chi Master! Lots of cool kung fu.

A 1993 movie starring Jet Li and Michelle Yeoh among others. Jet Li and Siu-hou Chin plays Junbao and Tianbao, two shaolin monks who get thrown out of the temple after Tianbao has the nerve to argue with the master. Out in the real world, Junbao starts working at an inn while Tianbao is quickly seduced by the dark side of the force and joins the military. Eventually, as Tianbao is becoming more and more ruthless and Junbao is discovering the secrets of Tai Chi in taosim, they are forced to fight each other.

In my opinion, this is a great movie; a lot of laughs, a bit of passion and revenge, some cool Tai Chi and truly amazing fight scenes. The quality of the stunts and wire work is really good. I do not hesitate to compare it to Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon; this one is just as good and a lot funnier.

Tai Chi Master was directed by Yuen Woo Ping and has also been released under the names Tai-Chi and Twin Warriors. To confuse things further, Yuen Woo Ping has also directed another film (Xiao tai ji, or Drunken Tai Chi) that was released under the name Tai Chi Master on video.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.