When you mix Tabasco Sauce with a shot of alcohol you get:

Vodka
Afterburner1
Shot of Hell
Tequila
Prairie Fire2
Brave Bull Shooter
Desert Water
Præriebål3
Riddler's Shot
Tequila Surprise
Gin
Bull's Sweat
Cinnamon Schnapps
Brush Fire
Fireball4
Satan's Spawn
Rum
Fire in Heaven
Hot Lunch
Leatherneck
Praire Dog
Satan's Piss
Suicide
Bourbon
Buffalo Sweat
Wild Turkey
Firecracker
Everclear
Forest Fire
Goldschlager
Golden Furnace
Ouzo
Hara-kiri5
Drambuie
Sexoholic
Ginger Beer
Shot in the Pot
Green Chartreuse
Snakebite

Most of these names were taken from webtender.com and somewhat edited. May I encourage future namers to choose something that doesn't just sound powerful (eg: Suicide, Harakiri) but brings the character of the liquor with it.

Note: there is some debate concerning the proper ordering (and amount) of ingredients. The theory is that one ordering will prevent the Tabasco from mixing with the alcohol thereby producing two layers of pain. As someone who drinks Afterburners whenever appropriate I do not subscribe to this theory and prefer to put the Tabasco in last so I can judge concentration by colour rather than counting drops.

I recommend a surprisingly low amount of Tabasco, the idea being that you should be able to taste both the Tabasco and the alcohol. You should also pretend to breath fire after each shot by forming a small circle with your lips and blowing out while vibrating your cheeks (for sound effect).


1,2: Many people define these drinks as containing a different type of alcohol. These are the two usages which I have heard used most often.

3: Norwegian for "Prairie Fire"?

4: There is a brand of liqueur known as Fireball (which, IMHO, is much tamer than any of these shots when made with detectable levels of Tabasco), is this shot titled as such due to a similarity?

5: Considering that Ouzo is Greek this is a very stupid name.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.