The TI-Graph Link is a $15 peripheral for TI graphing calculators. It is a cord that connects the graphing calculator to a computer. An important use for this peripheral is it allows one to backup software on one's calculator. The reason this is important is because for the TI-73, TI-83, TI-85 and TI-86 calculators, everything (save the operating system) is stored in the RAM, and those calculators have been known to be a bit volatile and reset on you. The next important thing it can do is allow TI-83 plus, TI-83 plus Silver Edition, TI-89, TI-92 and TI-92 plus to update their flash memory, which includes their operating system and Apps (which are like ASM, but allows more power to the calculator's functions). And of course, the most important usage of the TI-Graph Link is downloading games and porn for your calculator, which is a very nice thing because your math teacher could be very impressed that you are working on math when in truth you are trying to beat your high score; and since these games can be quite large and nearly impossible to type in the calculator by yourself, it is very useful to just download them online at websites like http://www.ticalc.org/ .

There are three types of TI-Graph Links: The black, white and clear types. The black kind is for Windows and connects through to the serial port, the white kind is for Macs and connections through the serial port, and the clear kind is for Windows or Macs and connections through the USB port. All three come with the actual cord and software (TI Connect software) that allows one to send files, recieve files and even type up TI BASIC programs using your computer's keyboard instead of trying to use the calculator's atrocious keyboard.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.