Quite possibly the fastest "car" on the Earth (not including the Thrust SSC which goes 0-700mph in 14 seconds) and the undeniable champion in the notorious Pikes Peak Hill Climb. Only a few, maybe only 2, exist, and it has an estimated 0-60 in 1.7 seconds! On video games such as Gran Turismo 2, this Suzuki dominates. Who would have thought? Suzuki! Yea, its a bit ugly, but for the aerodynamics, I wouldn't mind. One sits in the Suzuki museum, and I believe I read an advertisement for another, supposedly. It said that the seller lives in Japan and is selling for 1.2 billion Japanese Yen!! That's like $9 million!!! So chances of seeing this car in Pike's Peak Colorado are still quite slim, let alone in Arizona.

Anyways, here are some simple specifications of the car, just to get the jist of how amazing it really is. Try comparing this to the Boss Mustang on a track or strip!

Year:           1996 
Base hp:        985
Curb Weight:    1764lbs 
Engine:         Grand Vitara V6, twin turbo 
Displacement:   1998 cc / 121.9 cu in 
Wheelbase:      100.0 in

Sources: Gran Turismo 2, Gran Turismo 3, www.supercars.net


In response to sailorDR's Gran Turismo 3 comment: Wow, that truly is amazing, and should anyone make a video of that, I would like to see it (I got GameCube, not Playstation 2, so my racing needs can only be fulfilled by Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2). As for the real Supersonic car, it's the Thrust SSC.

What is the fastest car in Gran Turismo 3? Scholars have pored over this question for centuries. The Dodge Viper? The Nissan Skyline? You'd be surprised: it's actually the Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak version rally car! But how, you wonder?

There is an interesting trick to get the Escudo to hit around 800+ miles an hour (yes, 800+! that's supersonic!). If you have already bought one of these monsters, take it to the Test Course (preferably on the "Max Speed" Machine Test in order to set records that will cause severe jaw-dropping in friends and relatives).

In the pre-race options, set the front downforce to the lowest level possible, and the rear to the highest. Next, set the spring rate and ride height to its bare minimum for optimal aerodynamics. Fiddle with the gear ratio as you please; it is best to get a setup that will allow (normally attained) speeds of around 220-250 mph (this is best done by "stretching" out the ratios wider, if you're unfamiliar with how gear ratio works).

Now, start the race. Move along as best as you can with this unwieldy beast of a car -- once you get onto the back straightaway, you should be doing upwards of 220 miles an hour. Typically, once you hit about 235, something strange begins to happen -- the front wheels begin to lift off of the ground! As this happens, your speeds will magically begin to skyrocket in an astounding display of non-realism. Done correctly, you can (supposedly) reach 1000 mph; however, the most I've seen was about 860. Unfortunately, as realistic as the game is, the programmers did not add in a "sonic boom" feature once your Suzuki went supersonic.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.