Surah 86 The Morning Star - At-Tariq, 17 verses (Makka)
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- By the Sky and the Night-Visitant (therein);-
- And what will explain to thee what the
- (It is) the Star of piercing brightness;-
- There is no soul but has a protector over it.
- Now let man but think from what he is created!
- He is created from a drop emitted-
- Proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs:
- Surely (God) is able to bring him back (to life)!
- The Day that (all) things secret will be tested,
- (Man) will have no power, and no helper.
- By the Firmament which returns (in its round),
- And by the Earth which opens out (for the gushing
of springs or the sprouting of vegetation),-
- Behold this is the Word that distinguishes (Good
- It is not a thing for amusement.
- As for them, they are but plotting a scheme,
- And I am planning a scheme.
- Therefore grant a delay to the Unbelievers: Give
respite to them gently (for awhile).
Surah 85 The Mansions of the Stars
Surah 86 The Morning Star
Surah 87 The Most High