Surah 85 The Mansions of the Stars - Al-Buruj, 22 verses (Makka)
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- By the sky, (displaying) the Zodiacal Signs;
- By the promised Day (of Judgment);
- By one that witnesses, and the subject of the
- Woe to the makers of the pit (of fire),
- Fire supplied (abundantly) with fuel:
- Behold! they sat over against the (fire),
- And they witnessed (all) that they were doing
against the Believers.
- And they ill-treated them for no other reason than
that they believed in God, Exalted in Power, Worthy of
- Him to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and
the earth! And God is Witness to all things.
- Those who persecute (or draw into temptation) the
Believers, men and women, and do not turn in
repentance, will have the Penalty of Hell: They will
have the Penalty of the Burning Fire.
- For those who believe and do righteous deeds, will
be Gardens; beneath which rivers flow: That is the
great Salvation, (the fulfilment of all desires),
- Truly strong is the Grip (and Power) of thy Lord.
- It is He Who creates from the very beginning, and
He can restore (life).
- And He is the Oft-Forgiving, Full of
- Lord of the Throne of Glory,
- Doer (without let) of all that He intends.
- Has the story reached thee, of the forces-
- Of Pharaoh and the Thamud?
- And yet the Unbelievers (persist) in rejecting (the
- But God doth encompass them from behind!
- Day, this is a Glorious Qur'an,
- (Inscribed) in a Tablet Preserved!
Surah 84 The Sundering
Surah 85 The Mansions of the Stars
Surah 86 The Morning Star