Surah 84 The Sundering - Al-Inshiqaq, 25 verses (Makka)
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- When the sky is rent asunder,
- And hearkens to (the Command of) its Lord, and it
must needs (do so);-
- And when the earth is flattened out,
- And casts forth what is within it and becomes
- And hearkens to (the Command of) its Lord,- and it
must needs (do so);- (then will come Home the full
- O thou man! Verily thou art ever toiling on towards
thy Lord- painfully toiling,- but thou shalt meet Him.
- Then he who is given his Record in his right hand,
- Soon will his account be taken by an easy
- And he will turn to his people, rejoicing!
- But he who is given his Record behind his back,-
- Soon will he cry for perdition,
- And he will enter a Blazing Fire.
- Truly, did he go about among his people, rejoicing!
- Truly, did he think that he would not have to
return (to Us)!
- Nay, nay! for his Lord was (ever) watchful of him!
- So I do call to witness the ruddy glow of Sunset;
- The Night and its Homing;
- And the Moon in her fullness:
- Ye shall surely travel from stage to stage.
- What then is the matter with them, that they
- And when the Qur'an is read to them, they fall not
- But on the contrary the Unbelievers reject (it).
- But God has full knowledge of what they secrete (in
- So announce to them a Penalty Grievous,
- Except to those who believe and work righteous
deeds: For them is a Reward that will never fail.
Surah 83 Defrauding
Surah 84 The Sundering
Surah 85 The Mansions of the Stars