Surah 82 The Cleaving - Al-Infitar, 19 verses (Makka)
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- When the Sky is cleft asunder;
- When the Stars are scattered;
- When the Oceans are suffered to burst forth;
- And when the Graves are turned upside down;-
- (Then) shall each soul know what it hath sent
forward and (what it hath) kept back.
- O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most
- Him Who created thee. Fashioned thee in due
proportion, and gave thee a just bias;
- In whatever Form He wills, does He put thee
- Day! nit ye do reject Right and Judgment!
- But verily over you (are appointed angels) to
- Kind and honourable,- Writing down (your deeds):
- They know (and understand) all that ye do.
- As for the Righteous, they will be in bliss;
- And the Wicked - they will be in the Fire,
- Which they will enter on the Day of Judgment,
- And they will not be able to keep away therefrom.
- And what will explain to thee what the Day of
- Again, what will explain to thee what the Day of
- (It will be) the Day when no soul shall have power
(to do) aught for another: For the command, that Day,
will be (wholly) with God.
Surah 81 The Overthrowing
Surah 82 The Cleaving
Surah 83 Defrauding