Surah 80 He Frowned! - Abasa, 42 verses (Makka)
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- (The Prophet) frowned and turned away,
- Because there came to him the blind man
- But what could tell thee but that perchance he
might grow (in spiritual understanding)?-
- Or that he might receive admonition, and the
teaching might profit him?
- As to one who regards Himself as self-sufficient,
- To him dost thou attend;
- Though it is no blame to thee if he grow not (in
- But as to him who came to thee striving earnestly,
- And with fear (in his heart),
- Of him wast thou unmindful.
- By no means (should it be so)! For it is indeed a
Message of instruction:
- Therefore let whoso will, keep it in remembrance.
- (It is) in Books held (greatly) in honour,
- Exalted (in dignity), kept pure and holy,
- (Written) by the hands of scribes-
- Honourable and Pious and Just.
- Woe to man! What hath made him reject God;
- From what stuff hath He created him?
- From a sperm-drop: He hath created him, and then
mouldeth him in due proportions;
- Then doth He make His path smooth for him;
- Then He causeth him to die, and putteth him in his
- Then, when it is His Will, He will raise him up
- By no means hath he fulfilled what God hath
- Then let man look at his food, (and how We provide
- For that We pour forth water in abundance,
- And We split the earth in fragments,
- And produce therein corn,
- And Grapes and nutritious plants,
- And Olives and Dates,
- And enclosed Gardens, dense with lofty trees,
- And fruits and fodder,-
- For use and convenience to you and your cattle.
- At length, when there comes the Deafening Noise,-
- That Day shall a man flee from his own brother,
- And from his mother and his father,
- And from his wife and his children.
- Each one of them, that Day, will have enough
concern (of his own) to make him indifferent to the
- Some faces that Day will be beaming,
- Laughing, rejoicing.
- And other faces that Day will be dust-stained,
- Blackness will cover them:
- Such will be the Rejecters of God, the doers of
Surah 79 Those Who Drag Forth
Surah 80 He Frowned!
Surah 81 The Overthrowing