Surah 79 Those Who Drag Forth - An-Naziat, 46 verses (Makka)
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- By the (angels) who tear out (the souls of the
wicked) with violence;
- By those who gently draw out (the souls of the
- And by those who glide along (on errands of mercy),
- Then press forward as in a race,
- Then arrange to do (the Commands of their Lord),
- One Day everything that can be in commotion will be
in violent commotion,
- Followed by oft-repeated (commotions):
- Hearts that Day will be in agitation;
- Cast down will be (their owners') eyes.
- They say (now): "What! shall we indeed be returned
to (our) former state?
- "What! - when we shall have become rotten bones?"
- They say: "It would, in that case, be a return with
- But verily, it will be but a single (Compelling)
- When, behold, they will be in the (full) awakening
- Has the story of Moses reached thee?
- Behold, thy Lord did call to him in the sacred
valley of Tuwa:-
- "Go thou to Pharaoh for he has indeed transgressed
- "And say to him, 'Wouldst thou that thou shouldst
be purified (from sin)?-
- "'And that I guide thee to thy Lord, so thou
shouldst fear Him?'"
- Then did (Moses) show him the Great Sign.
- But (Pharaoh) rejected it and disobeyed (guidance);
- Further, he turned his back, striving hard (against
- Then he collected (his men) and made a
- Saying, "I am your Lord, Most High".
- But God did punish him, (and made an) example of
him, - in the Hereafter, as in this life.
- Verily in this is an instructive warning for
whosoever feareth (God).
- What! Are ye the more difficult to create or the
heaven (above)? (God) hath constructed it:
- On high hath He raised its canopy, and He hath
given it order and perfection.
- Its night doth He endow with darkness, and its
splendour doth He bring out (with light).
- And the earth, moreover, hath He extended (to a
- He draweth out therefrom its moisture and its
- And the mountains hath He firmly fixed;-
- For use and convenience to you and your cattle.
- Therefore, when there comes the great, overwhelming
- The Day when man shall remember (all) that he
- And Hell-Fire shall be placed in full view for
(all) to see,-
- Then, for such as had transgressed all bounds,
- And had preferred the life of this world,
- The Abode will be Hell-Fire;
- And for such as had entertained the fear of
standing before their Lord's (tribunal) and had
restrained (their) soul from lower desires,
- Their abode will be the Garden.
- They ask thee about the Hour,-'When will be its
- Wherein art thou (concerned) with the declaration
- With thy Lord in the Limit fixed therefor.
- Thou art but a Warner for such as fear it.
- The Day they see it, (It will be) as if they had
tarried but a single evening, or (at most till) the
Surah 78 The Tidings
Surah 79 Those Who Drag Forth
Surah 80 He Frowned!