Surah 78 The Tidings - An-Naba', 40 verses (Makka)
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- Concerning what are they disputing?
- Concerning the Great News,
- About which they cannot agree.
- Verily, they shall soon (come to) know!
- Verily, verily they shall soon (come to) know!
- Have We not made the earth as a wide expanse,
- And the mountains as pegs?
- And (have We not) created you in pairs,
- And made your sleep for rest,
- And made the night as a covering,
- And made the day as a means of subsistence?
- And (have We not) built over you the seven
- And placed (therein) a Light of Splendour?
- And do We not send down from the clouds water in
- That We may produce therewith corn and vegetables,
- And gardens of luxurious growth?
- Verily the Day of Sorting out is a thing appointed,
- The Day that the Trumpet shall be sounded, and ye
shall come forth in crowds;
- And the heavens shall be opened as if there were
- And the mountains shall vanish, as if they were a
- Truly Hell is as a place of ambush,
- For the transgressors a place of destination:
- They will dwell therein for ages.
- Nothing cool shall they taste therein, nor any
- Save a boiling fluid and a fluid, dark, murky,
- A fitting recompense (for them).
- For that they used not to fear any account (for
- But they (impudently) treated Our Signs as false.
- And all things have We preserved on record.
- "So taste ye (the fruits of your deeds); for no
increase shall We grant you, except in Punishment."
- Verily for the Righteous there will be a fulfilment
of (the heart's) desires;
- Gardens enclosed, and grapevines;
- Companions of equal age;
- And a cup full (to the brim).
- No vanity shall they hear therein, nor Untruth:-
- Recompense from thy Lord, a gift, (amply)
- (From) the Lord of the heavens and the earth, and
all between, (God) Most Gracious: None shall have power
to argue with Him.
- The Day that the Spirit and the angels will stand
forth in ranks, none shall speak except any who is
permitted by (God) Most Gracious, and He will say what
- That Day will be the sure Reality: Therefore, whoso
will, let him take a (straight) return to his Lord!
- Verily, We have warned you of a Penalty near, the
Day when man will see (the deeds) which his hands have
sent forth, and the Unbeliever will say, "Woe unto me!
Would that I were (metre) dust!"
Surah 77 The Emissaries
Surah 78 The Tidings
Surah 79 Those Who Drag Forth