Surah 75 The Rising of the Dead - Al-Qiyama, 40 verses (Makka)
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- I do call to witness the Resurrection Day;
- And I do call to witness the self-reproaching
spirit: (Eschew Evil).
- Does man think that We cannot assemble his bones?
- Nay, We are able to put together in perfect order
the very tips of his fingers.
- But man wishes to do wrong (even) in the time in
front of him.
- He questions: "When is the Day of Resurrection?"
- At length, when the sight is dazed,
- And the moon is buried in darkness.
- And the sun and moon are joined together,-
- That Day will Man say: "Where is the refuge?"
- By no means! No place of safety!
- Before thy Lord (alone), that Day will be the place
- That Day will Man be told (all) that he put
forward, and all that he put back.
- Nay, man will be evidence against himself,
- Even though he were to put up his excuses.
- Move not thy tongue concerning the (Qur'an) to make
- It is for Us to collect it and to promulgate it:
- But when We have promulgated it, follow thou its
recital (as promulgated):
- Nay more, it is for Us to explain it (and make it
- Nay, (ye men!) but ye love the fleeting life,
- And leave alone the Hereafter.
- Some faces, that Day, will beam (in brightness and
- Looking towards their Lord;
- And some faces, that Day, will be sad and dismal,
- In the thought that some back-breaking calamity was
about to be inflicted on them;
- Yea, when (the soul) reaches to the collar-bone (in
- And there will be a cry, "Who is a magician (to
- And he will conclude that it was (the Time) of
- And one leg will be joined with another:
- That Day the Drive will be (all) to thy Lord!
- So he gave nothing in charity, nor did he pray!-
- But on the contrary, he rejected Truth and turned
- Then did he stalk to his family in full conceit!
- Woe to thee, (O men!), yea, woe!
- Again, Woe to thee, (O men!), yea, woe!
- Does man think that he will be left uncontrolled,
- Was he not a drop of sperm emitted (in lowly form)?
- Then did he become a leech-like clot; then did
(God) make and fashion (him) in due proportion.
- And of him He made two sexes, male and female.
- Has not He, (the same), the power to give life to
Surah 74 The Cloaked One
Surah 75 The Rising of the Dead
Surah 76 Time