Surah 69 The Reality - Al-Haqqa, 52 verses (Makka)
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- The Sure Reality!
- What is the Sure Reality?
- And what will make thee realise what the Sure
- The Thamud and the 'Ad People (branded) as false
the Stunning Calamity!
- But the Thamud,- they were destroyed by a terrible
Storm of thunder and lightning!
- And the 'Ad, they were destroyed by a furious Wind,
- He made it rage against them seven nights and eight
days in succession: so that thou couldst see the
(whole) people lying prostrate in its (path), as they
had been roots of hollow palm-trees tumbled down!
- Then seest thou any of them left surviving?
- And Pharaoh, and those before him, and the Cities
Overthrown, committed habitual Sin.
- And disobeyed (each) the apostle of their Lord; so
He punished them with an abundant Penalty.
- We, when the water (of Noah's Flood) overflowed
beyond its limits, carried you (mankind), in the
- That We might make it a Message unto you, and that
ears (that should hear the tale and) retain its memory
should bear its (lessons) in remembrance.
- Then, when one blast is sounded on the Trumpet,
- And the earth is moved, and its mountains, and they
are crushed to powder at one stroke,-
- On that Day shall the (Great) Event come to pass.
- And the sky will be rent asunder, for it will that
Day be flimsy,
- And the angels will be on its sides, and eight
will, that Day, bear the Throne of thy Lord above them.
- That Day shall ye be brought to Judgment: not an
act of yours that ye hide will be hidden.
- Then he that will be given his Record in his right
hand will say: "Ah here! Read ye my Record!
- "I did really understand that my Account would (One
Day) reach me!"
- And he will be in a life of Bliss,
- In a Garden on high,
- The Fruits whereof (will hang in bunches) low and
- "Eat ye and drink ye, with full satisfaction;
because of the (good) that ye sent before you, in the
days that are gone!"
- And he that will be given his Record in his left
hand, will say: "Ah! Would that my Record had not been
given to me!
- "And that I had never realised how my account
- "Ah! Would that (Death) had made an end of me!
- "Of no profit to me has been my wealth!
- "My power has perished from me!"...
- (The stern command will say): "Seize ye him, and
bind ye him,
- "And burn ye him in the Blazing Fire.
- "Further, make him march in a chain, whereof the
length is seventy cubits!
- "This was he that would not believe in God Most
- "And would not encourage the feeding of the
- "So no friend hath he here this Day.
- "Nor hath he any food except the corruption from
the washing of wounds,
- "Which none do eat but those in sin."
- So I do call to witness what ye see,
- And what ye see not,
- That this is verily the word of an honoured
- It is not the word of a poet: little it is ye
- Nor is it the word of a soothsayer: little
admonition it is ye receive.
- (This is) a Message sent down from the Lord of the
- And if the apostle were to invent any sayings in
- We should certainly seize him by his right hand,
- And We should certainly then cut off the artery of
- Nor could any of you withhold him (from Our wrath).
- But verily this is a Message for the God-fearing.
- And We certainly know that there are amongst you
those that reject (it).
- But truly (Revelation) is a cause of sorrow for the
- But verily it is Truth of assured certainty.
- So glorify the name of thy Lord Most High.
Surah 68 The Pen
Surah 69 The Reality
Surah 70 The Ascending Stairways