Surah 63 The Hypocrites - Al-Munafiqoon, 11 verses (Madina)
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- When the Hypocrites come to thee, they say, "We
bear witness that thou art indeed the Apostle of God."
Yea, God knoweth that thou art indeed His Apostle, and
God beareth witness that the Hypocrites are indeed
- They have made their oaths a screen (for their
misdeeds): thus they obstruct (men) from the Path of
God: truly evil are their deeds.
- That is because they believed, then they rejected
Faith: So a seal was set on their hearts: therefore
they understand not.
- When thou lookest at them, their exteriors please
thee; and when they speak, thou listenest to their
words. They are as (worthless as hollow) pieces of
timber propped up, (unable to stand on their own). They
think that every cry is against them. They are the
enemies; so beware of them. The curse of God be on
them! How are they deluded (away from the Truth)!
- And when it is said to them, "Come, the Apostle of
God will pray for your forgiveness", they turn aside
their heads, and thou wouldst see them turning away
their faces in arrogance.
- It is equal to them whether thou pray for their
forgiveness or not. God will not forgive them. Truly
God guides not rebellious transgressors.
- They are the ones who say, "Spend nothing on those
who are with God's Apostle, to the end that they may
disperse (and quit Medina)." But to God belong the
treasures of the heavens and the earth; but the
Hypocrites understand not.
- They say, "If we return to Medina, surely the more
honourable (element) will expel therefrom the meaner."
But honour belongs to God and His Apostle, and to the
Believers; but the Hypocrites know not.
- O ye who believe! Let not your riches or your
children divert you from the remembrance of God. If any
act thus, the loss is their own.
- and spend something (in charity) out of the
substance which We have bestowed on you, before Death
should come to any of you and he should say, "O my
Lord! why didst Thou not give me respite for a little
while? I should then have given (largely) in charity,
and I should have been one of the doers of good".
- But to no soul will God grant respite when the time
appointed (for it) has come; and God is well acquainted
with (all) that ye do.
Surah 62 The Congregation
Surah 63 The Hypocrites
Surah 64 Mutual Disillusion