Surah 62 The Congregation - Al-Jumu'a, 11 verses (Madina)
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- Whatever is in the heavens and on earth, doth
declare the Praises and Glory of God,- the Sovereign,
the Holy One, the Exalted in Might, the Wise.
- It is He Who has sent amongst the Unlettered an
apostle from among themselves, to rehearse to them His
Signs, to sanctify them, and to instruct them in
Scripture and Wisdom,- although they had been, before,
in manifest error;-
- As well as (to confer all these benefits upon)
others of them, who have not already joined them: And
He is exalted in Might, Wise.
- Such is the Bounty of God, which He bestows on whom
He will: and God is the Lord of the highest bounty.
- The similitude of those who were charged with the
(obligations of the) Mosaic Law, but who subsequently
failed in those (obligations), is that of a donkey
which carries huge tomes (but understands them not).
Evil is the similitude of people who falsify the Signs
of God: and God guides not people who do wrong.
- Say: "O ye that stand on Judaism! If ye think that
ye are friends to God, to the exclusion of (other) men,
then express your desire for Death, if ye are
- But never will they express their desire (for
Death), because of the (deeds) their hands have sent on
before them! and God knows well those that do wrong!
- Say: "The Death from which ye flee will truly
overtake you: then will ye be sent back to the Knower
of things secret and open: and He will tell you (the
truth of) the things that ye did!"
- O ye who believe! When the call is proclaimed to
prayer on Friday (the Day of Assembly), hasten
earnestly to the Remembrance of God, and leave off
business (and traffic): That is best for you if ye but
- And when the Prayer is finished, then may ye
disperse through the land, and seek of the Bounty of
God: and celebrate the Praises of God often (and
without stint): that ye may prosper.
- But when they see some bargain or some amusement,
they disperse headlong to it, and leave thee standing.
Say: "The (blessing) from the Presence of God is better
than any amusement or bargain! and God is the Best to
provide (for all needs)."
Surah 61 The Ranks
Surah 62 The Congregation
Surah 63 The Hypocrites