Surah 50 Qaf - Qaf, 45 verses (Makka)
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- Qaf: By the Glorious Qur'an (Thou art God's
- But they wonder that there has come to them a
Warner from among themselves. So the Unbelievers say:
"This is a wonderful thing!
- "What! When we die and become dust, (shall we live
again?) That is a (sort of) return far (from our
- We already know how much of them the earth takes
away: With Us is a record guarding (the full account).
- But they deny the Truth when it comes to them: so
they are in a confused state.
- Do they not look at the sky above them?- How We
have made it and adorned it, and there are no flaws in
- And the earth- We have spread it out, and set
thereon mountains standing firm, and produced therein
every kind of beautiful growth (in pairs)-
- To be observed and commemorated by every devotee
turning (to God).
- And We send down from the sky rain charted with
blessing, and We produce therewith gardens and Grain
- And tall (and stately) palm-trees, with shoots of
fruit-stalks, piled one over another;-
- As sustenance for (God's) Servants;- and We give
(new) life therewith to land that is dead: Thus will be
- Before them was denied (the Hereafter) by the
People of Noah, the Companions of the Rass, the Thamud,
- The 'Ad, Pharaoh, the brethren of Lut,
- The Companions of the Wood, and the People of
Tubba'; each one (of them) rejected the apostles, and
My warning was duly fulfilled (in them).
- Were We then weary with the first Creation, that
they should be in confused doubt about a new Creation?
- It was We Who created man, and We know what dark
suggestions his soul makes to him: for We are nearer to
him than (his) jugular vein.
- Behold, two (guardian angels) appointed to learn
(his doings) learn (and noted them), one sitting on the
right and one on the left.
- Not a word does he utter but there is a sentinel by
him, ready (to note it).
- And the stupor of death will bring Truth (before
his eyes): "This was the thing which thou wast trying
- And the Trumpet shall be blown: that will be the
Day whereof Warning (had been given).
- And there will come forth every soul: with each
will be an (angel) to drive, and an (angel) to bear
- (It will be said:) "Thou wast heedless of this; now
have We removed thy veil, and sharp is thy sight this
- And his Companion will say: "Here is (his Record)
ready with me!"
- (The sentence will be:) "Throw, throw into Hell
every contumacious Rejecter (of God)!-
- "Who forbade what was good, transgressed all
bounds, cast doubts and suspicions;
- "Who set up another god beside God: Throw him into
a severe penalty."
- His Companion will say: "Our Lord! I did not make
him transgress, but he was (himself) far astray."
- He will say: "Dispute not with each other in My
Presence: I had already in advance sent you Warning.
- "The Word changes not before Me, and I do not the
least injustice to My Servants."
- One Day We will ask Hell, "Art thou filled to the
full?" It will say, "Are there any more (to come)?"
- And the Garden will be brought nigh to the
Righteous,- no more a thing distant.
- (A voice will say:) "This is what was promised for
you,- for every one who turned (to God) in sincere
repentance, who kept (His Law),
- "Who feared (God) Most Gracious Unseen, and brought
a heart turned in devotion (to Him):
- "Enter ye therein in Peace and Security; this is a
Day of Eternal Life!"
- There will be for them therein all that they wish,-
and more besides in Our Presence.
- But how many generations before them did We destroy
(for their sins),- stronger in power than they? Then
did they wander through the land: was there any place
of escape (for them)?
- Verily in this is a Message for any that has a
heart and understanding or who gives ear and earnestly
witnesses (the truth).
- We created the heavens and the earth and all
between them in Six Days, nor did any sense of
weariness touch Us.
- Bear, then, with patience, all that they say, and
celebrate the praises of thy Lord, before the rising of
the sun and before (its) setting.
- And during part of the night, (also,) celebrate His
praises, and (so likewise) after the postures of
- And listen for the Day when the Caller will call
out from a place quiet near,-
- The Day when they will hear a (mighty) Blast in
(very) truth: that will be the Day of Resurrection.
- Verily it is We Who give Life and Death; and to Us
is the Final Goal-
- The Day when the Earth will be rent asunder, from
(men) hurrying out: that will be a gathering together,-
quite easy for Us.
- We know best what they say; and thou art not one to
overawe them by force. So admonish with the Qur'an such
as fear My Warning!
Surah 49 The Private Apartments
Surah 50 Qaf
Surah 51 The Winnowing Winds