Surah 45 Crouching - Al-Jathiya, 37 verses (Makka)
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- The revelation of the Book is from God the Exalted
in Power, Full of Wisdom.
- Verily in the heavens and the earth, are Signs for
those who believe.
- And in the creation of yourselves and the fact that
animals are scattered (through the earth), are Signs
for those of assured Faith.
- And in the alternation of Night and Day, and the
fact that God sends down Sustenance from the sky, and
revives therewith the earth after its death, and in the
change of the winds,- are Signs for those that are
- Such are the Signs of God, which We rehearse to
thee in Truth; then in what exposition will they
believe after (rejecting) God and His Signs?
- Woe to each sinful dealer in Falsehoods:
- He hears the Signs of God rehearsed to him, yet is
obstinate and lofty, as if he had not heard them: then
announce to him a Penalty Grievous!
- And when he learns something of Our Signs, he takes
them in jest: for such there will be a humiliating
- In front of them is Hell: and of no profit to them
is anything they may have earned, nor any protectors
they may have taken to themselves besides God: for them
is a tremendous Penalty.
- This is (true) Guidance and for those who reject
the Signs of their Lord, is a grievous Penalty of
- It is God Who has subjected the sea to you, that
ships may sail through it by His command, that ye may
seek of his Bounty, and that ye may be grateful.
- And He has subjected to you, as from Him, all that
is in the heavens and on earth: Behold, in that are
Signs indeed for those who reflect.
- Tell those who believe, to forgive those who do not
look forward to the Days of God: It is for Him to
recompense (for good or ill) each People according to
what they have earned.
- If any one does a righteous deed, it ensures to the
benefit of his own soul; if he does evil, it works
against (his own soul). In the end will ye (all) be
brought back to your Lord.
- We did aforetime grant to the Children of Israel
the Book the Power of Command, and Prophethood; We gave
them, for Sustenance, things good and pure; and We
favoured them above the nations.
- And We granted them Clear Signs in affairs (of
Religion): it was only after knowledge had been granted
to them that they fell into schisms, through insolent
envy among themselves. Verily thy Lord will judge
between them on the Day of Judgment as to those matters
in which they set up differences.
- Then We put thee on the (right) Way of Religion: so
follow thou that (Way), and follow not the desires of
those who know not.
- They will be of no use to thee in the sight of God:
it is only Wrong-doers (that stand as) protectors, one
to another: but God is the Protector of the Righteous.
- These are clear evidences to men and a Guidance and
Mercy to those of assured Faith.
- What! Do those who seek after evil ways think that
We shall hold them equal with those who believe and do
righteous deeds,- that equal will be their life and
their death? Ill is the judgment that they make.
- God created the heavens and the earth for just
ends, and in order that each soul may find the
recompense of what it has earned, and none of them be
- Then seest thou such a one as takes as his god his
own vain desire? God has, knowing (him as such), left
him astray, and sealed his hearing and his heart (and
understanding), and put a cover on his sight. Who,
then, will guide him after God (has withdrawn
Guidance)? Will ye not then receive admonition?
- And they say: "What is there but our life in this
world? We shall die and we live, and nothing but time
can destroy us." But of that they have no knowledge:
they merely conjecture:
- And when Our Clear Signs are rehearsed to them
their argument is nothing but this: They say, "Bring
(back) our forefathers, if what ye say is true!"
- Say: "It is God Who gives you life, then gives you
death; then He will gather you together for the Day of
Judgment about which there is no doubt": But most men
do not understand.
- To God belongs the dominion of the heavens and the
earth, and the Day that the Hour of Judgment is
established,- that Day will the dealers in Falsehood
- And thou wilt see every sect bowing the knee: Every
sect will be called to its Record: "This Day shall ye
be recompensed for all that ye did!
- "This Our Record speaks about you with truth: For
We were wont to put on Record all that ye did."
- Then, as to those who believed and did righteous
deeds, their Lord will admit them to His Mercy that
will be the achievement for all to see.
- But as to those who rejected God, (to them will be
said): "Were not Our Signs rehearsed to you? But ye
were arrogant, and were a people given to sin!
- "And when it was said that the promise of God was
true, and that the Hour- there was no doubt about its
(coming), ye used to say, 'We know not what is the
hour: we only think it is an idea, and we have no firm
- Then will appear to them the evil (fruits) of what
they did, and they will be completely encircled by that
which they used to mock at!
- It will also be said: "This Day We will forget you
as ye forgot the meeting of this Day of yours! and your
abode is the Fire, and no helpers have ye!
- "This, because ye used to take the Signs of God in
jest, and the life of the world deceived you:" (From)
that Day, therefore, they shall not be taken out
thence, nor shall they be received into Grace.
- Then Praise be to God, Lord of the heavens and Lord
of the earth,- Lord and Cherisher of all the Worlds!
- To Him be glory throughout the heavens and the
earth: and He is Exalted in Power, Full of Wisdom!
Surah 44 Smoke
Surah 45 Crouching
Surah 46 The Wind-Curved Sandhills