Surah 35 The Angels - Fatir, 45 verses (Makka)
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- Praise be to God, Who created (out of nothing) the
heavens and the earth, Who made the angels, messengers
with wings,- two, or three, or four (pairs): He adds to
Creation as He pleases: for God has power over all
- What God out of his Mercy doth bestow on mankind
there is none can withhold: what He doth withhold,
there is none can grant, apart from Him: and He is the
Exalted in Power, full of Wisdom.
- O men! Call to mind the grace of God unto you! is
there a creator, other than God, to give you sustenance
from heaven or earth? There is no god but He: how then
are ye deluded away from the Truth?
- And if they reject thee, so were apostles rejected
before thee: to God back for decision all affairs.
- O men! Certainly the promise of God is true. Let
not then this present life deceive you, nor let the
Chief Deceiver deceive you about God.
- Verily Satan is an enemy to you: so treat him as an
enemy. He only invites his adherents, that they may
become Companions of the Blazing Fire.
- For those who reject God, is a terrible Penalty:
but for those who believe and work righteous deeds, is
Forgiveness, and a magnificent Reward.
- Is he, then, to whom the evil of his conduct is
made alluring, so that he looks upon it as good, (equal
to one who is rightly guided)? For God leaves to stray
whom He wills, and guides whom He wills. So let not thy
soul go out in (vainly) sighing after them: for God
knows well all that they do!
- It is God Who sends forth the Winds, so that they
raise up the Clouds, and We drive them to a land that
is dead, and revive the earth therewith after its
death: even so (will be) the Resurrection!
- If any do seek for glory and power,- to God belong
all glory and power. To Him mount up (all) Words of
Purity: It is He Who exalts each Deed of Righteousness.
Those that lay Plots of Evil,- for them is a Penalty
terrible; and the plotting of such will be void (of
- And God did create you from dust; then from a
sperm-drop; then He made you in pairs. And no female
conceives, or lays down (her load), but with His
knowledge. Nor is a man long-lived granted length of
days, nor is a part cut off from his life, but is in a
Decree (ordained). All this is easy to God.
- Nor are the two bodies of flowing water alike,- the
one palatable, sweet, and pleasant to drink, and the
other, salt and bitter. Yet from each (kind of water)
do ye eat flesh fresh and tender, and ye extract
ornaments to wear; and thou seest the ships therein
that plough the waves, that ye may seek (thus) of the
Bounty of God that ye may be grateful.
- He merges Night into Day, and he merges Day into
Night, and he has subjected the sun and the moon (to
his Law): each one runs its course for a term
appointed. Such is God your Lord: to Him belongs all
Dominion. And those whom ye invoke besides Him have not
the least power.
- If ye invoke them, they will not listen to your
call, and if they were to listen, they cannot answer
your (prayer). On the Day of Judgment they will reject
your "Partnership". and none, (O man!) can tell thee
(the Truth) like the One Who is acquainted with all
- O ye men! It is ye that have need of God: but God
is the One Free of all wants, worthy of all praise.
- If He so pleased, He could blot you out and bring
in a New Creation.
- Nor is that (at all) difficult for God.
- Nor can a bearer of burdens bear another's burdens
if one heavily laden should call another to (bear) his
load. Not the least portion of it can be carried (by
the other). Even though he be nearly related. Thou
canst but admonish such as fear their Lord unseen and
establish regular Prayer. And whoever purifies himself
does so for the benefit of his own soul; and the
destination (of all) is to God.
- The blind and the seeing are not alike;
- Nor are the depths of Darkness and the Light;
- Nor are the (chilly) shade and the (genial) heat of
- Nor are alike those that are living and those that
are dead. God can make any that He wills to hear; but
thou canst not make those to hear who are (buried) in
- Thou art no other than a warner.
- Verily We have sent thee in truth, as a bearer of
glad tidings, and as a warner: and there never was a
people, without a warner having lived among them (in
- And if they reject thee, so did their predecessors,
to whom came their apostles with Clear Signs, Books of
dark prophecies, and the Book of Enlightenment.
- In the end did I punish those who rejected Faith:
and how (terrible) was My rejection (of them)!
- Seest thou not that God sends down rain from the
sky? With it We then bring out produce of various
colours. And in the mountains are tracts white and red,
of various shades of colour, and black intense in hue.
- And so amongst men and crawling creatures and
cattle, are they of various colours. Those truly fear
God, among His Servants, who have knowledge: for God is
Exalted in Might, Oft-Forgiving.
- Those who rehearse the Book of God, establish
regular Prayer, and spend (in Charity) out of what We
have provided for them, secretly and openly, hope for a
commerce that will never fail:
- For He will pay them their meed, nay, He will give
them (even) more out of His Bounty: for He is
Oft-Forgiving, Most Ready to appreciate (service).
- That which We have revealed to thee of the Book is
the Truth,- confirming what was (revealed) before it:
for God is assuredly- with respect to His Servants -
well acquainted and Fully Observant.
- Then We have given the Book for inheritance to such
of Our Servants as We have chosen: but there are among
them some who wrong their own souls; some who follow a
middle course; and some who are, by God's leave,
foremost in good deeds; that is the highest Grace.
- Gardens of Eternity will they enter: therein will
they be adorned with bracelets of gold and pearls; and
their garments there will be of silk.
- And they will say: "Praise be to God, Who has
removed from us (all) sorrow: for our Lord is indeed
Oft-Forgiving Ready to appreciate (service):
- "Who has, out of His Bounty, settled us in a Home
that will last: no toil nor sense of weariness shall
touch us therein."
- But those who reject (God) - for them will be the
Fire of Hell: No term shall be determined for them, so
they should die, nor shall its Penalty be lightened for
them. Thus do We reward every ungrateful one!
- Therein will they cry aloud (for assistance): "Our
Lord! Bring us out: we shall work righteousness, not
the (deeds) we used to do!" - "Did We not give you long
enough life so that he that would should receive
admonition? and (moreover) the warner came to you. So
taste ye (the fruits of your deeds): for the
wrong-doers there is no helper."
- Verily God knows (all) the hidden things of the
heavens and the earth: verily He has full knowledge of
all that is in (men's) hearts.
- He it is That has made you inheritors in the earth:
if, then, any do reject (God), their rejection (works)
against themselves: their rejection but adds to the
odium for the Unbelievers in the sight of their Lord:
their rejection but adds to (their own) undoing.
- Say: "Have ye seen (these) 'Partners' of yours whom
ye call upon besides God? Show Me what it is they have
created in the (wide) earth. Or have they a share in
the heavens? Or have We given them a Book from which
they (can derive) clear (evidence)?- Nay, the
wrong-doers promise each other nothing but delusions.
- It is God Who sustains the heavens and the earth,
lest they cease (to function): and if they should fail,
there is none - not one - can sustain them thereafter:
Verily He is Most Forbearing, Oft-Forgiving.
- They swore their strongest oaths by God that if a
warner came to them, they would follow his guidance
better than any (other) of the Peoples: But when a
warner came to them, it has only increased their flight
- On account of their arrogance in the land and their
plotting of Evil, but the plotting of Evil will hem in
only the authors thereof. Now are they but looking for
the way the ancients were dealt with? But no change
wilt thou find in God's way (of dealing): no turning
off wilt thou find in God's way (of dealing).
- Do they not travel through the earth, and see what
was the End of those before them,- though they were
superior to them in strength? Nor is God to be
frustrated by anything whatever in the heavens or on
earth: for He is All-Knowing. All-Powerful.
- If God were to punish men according to what they
deserve. He would not leave on the back of the (earth)
a single living creature: but He gives them respite for
a stated Term: when their Term expires, verily God has
in His sight all His Servants.
Surah 34 Saba
Surah 35 The Angels
Surah 36 Ya-Sin