Surah 32 The Prostration - As-Sajda, 30 verses (Makka)
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- A. L. M.
- (This is) the Revelation of the Book in which there
is no doubt,- from the Lord of the Worlds.
- Or do they say, "He has forged it"? Nay, it is the
Truth from thy Lord, that thou mayest admonish a people
to whom no warner has come before thee: in order that
they may receive guidance.
- It is God Who has created the heavens and the
earth, and all between them, in six Days, and is firmly
established on the Throne (of Authority): ye have none,
besides Him, to protect or intercede (for you): will ye
not then receive admonition?
- He rules (all) affairs from the heavens to the
earth: in the end will (all affairs) go up to Him, on a
Day, the space whereof will be (as) a thousand years of
- Such is He, the Knower of all things, hidden and
open, the Exalted (in power), the Merciful;-
- He Who has made everything which He has created
most good: He began the creation of man with (nothing
more than) clay,
- And made his progeny from a quintessence of the
nature of a fluid despised:
- But He fashioned him in due proportion, and
breathed into him something of His spirit. And He gave
you (the faculties of) hearing and sight and feeling
(and understanding): little thanks do ye give!
- And they say: "What! when we lie, hidden and lost,
in the earth, shall we indeed be in a Creation renewed?
Nay, they deny the Meeting with their Lord.
- Say: "The Angel of Death, put in charge of you,
will (duly) take your souls: then shall ye be brought
back to your Lord."
- If only thou couldst see when the guilty ones will
bend low their heads before their Lord, (saying:) "Our
Lord! We have seen and we have heard: Now then send us
back (to the world): we will work righteousness: for we
do indeed (now) believe."
- If We had so willed, We could certainly have
brought every soul its true guidance: but the Word from
Me will come true, "I will fill Hell with Jinns and men
- "Taste ye then - for ye forgot the Meeting of this
Day of yours, and We too will forget you - taste ye the
Penalty of Eternity for your (evil) deeds!"
- Only those believe in Our Signs, who, when they are
recited to them, fall down in adoration, and celebrate
the praises of their Lord, nor are they (ever) puffed
up with pride.
- Their limbs do forsake their beds of sleep, the
while they call on their Lord, in Fear and Hope: and
they spend (in charity) out of the sustenance which We
have bestowed on them.
- Now no person knows what delights of the eye are
kept hidden (in reserve) for them - as a reward for
their (good) deeds.
- Is then the man who believes no better than the man
who is rebellious and wicked? Not equal are they.
- For those who believe and do righteous deeds are
Gardens as hospitable homes, for their (good) deeds.
- As to those who are rebellious and wicked, their
abode will be the Fire: every time they wish to get
away therefrom, they will be forced thereinto, and it
will be said to them: "Taste ye the Penalty of the
Fire, the which ye were wont to reject as false."
- And indeed We will make them taste of the Penalty
of this (life) prior to the supreme Penalty, in order
that they may (repent and) return.
- And who does more wrong than one to whom are
recited the Signs of his Lord, and who then turns away
therefrom? Verily from those who transgress We shall
exact (due) Retribution.
- We did indeed aforetime give the Book to Moses: be
not then in doubt of its reaching (thee): and We made
it a guide to the Children of Israel.
- And We appointed, from among them, leaders, giving
guidance under Our command, so long as they persevered
with patience and continued to have faith in Our Signs.
- Verily thy Lord will judge between them on the Day
of Judgment, in the matters wherein they differ (among
- Does it not teach them a lesson, how many
generations We destroyed before them, in whose
dwellings they (now) go to and fro? Verily in that are
Signs: Do they not then listen?
- And do they not see that We do drive rain to
parched soil (bare of herbage), and produce therewith
crops, providing food for their cattle and themselves?
Have they not the vision?
- They say: "When will this decision be, if ye are
telling the truth?"
- Say: "On the Day of Decision, no profit will it be
to Unbelievers if they (then) believe! nor will they be
granted a respite."
- So turn away from them, and wait: they too are
Surah 31 Luqman
Surah 32 The Prostration
Surah 33 The Clans