Superstars Writing Seminars is not what you would think it is. This three-day seminar does not teach you anything at all about writing. Instead, it teaches you everything you'd ever want to know about the business of writing.

Held either at the end of January or the beginning of February every year in Colorado Springs, Colorado, this seminar brings some of the top names in genre writing to teach you things you never even thought you had to know. The original concept came from a group of NY Times bestselling authors asking what they would tell themselves if they could go back in time. That idea became the seed for teaching the business ins and outs that most authors never think of.

For 2018, their guest speakers include authors Jim Butcher, Jonathan Maberry, Dean Wesley Smith, and Brandon Sanderson. For agents, editors, and publishers, they have Lisa Mangum (Shadow Mountain), Paul Stevens (Donald Maass Agency), and David Pomerico (Editorial Director of HarperVoyager US). Also appearing are Mark Coker (Smashwords founder) and Mark Leslie Lefevbre (from Kobo).

The "regulars" include Kevin J. Anderson, Rebecca Moesta, Eric Flint, James A. Owen, and David Farland -- all of which are top bestselling authors.

I've been to this seminar twice, and I also paid for my wife to attend. They cover every business detail you can think of, including how to read a contract (using a real contract, and Eric Flint holds nothing back and he tells you what to watch out for). 

This is not a seminar for beginning authors. If you've been writing for a while and you have a couple of books published (self or traditional), you're probably ready for the materials in this course. If you're interested in attending or reading more about it, see http://www.superstarswriting.com

Iron Noder 2017

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.