Two weekends. Ten days. One gajillion writeups.
SuperMegaNodeFestQuest is a challenge to you to post as many writeups as you can over one week(ish). It is also a scavenger hunt. And it is also a charity fundraiser. Shazam!
In the tradition of scavenger hunts, the goal is to node as many of these things as you possibly can. You will earn one point for each target you acquire; unless otherwise stated, there are no additional points for meeting a target more than once.
- A daylog from at least a year ago.
- A factual writeup about a dog.
- A fictional writeup about a dog.
- A poem that does not reference a dog in any way.
- A factual writeup about cosmetics.
- A fictional writeup about a mime.
- A writeup about Brazil.
- A writeup about France.
- A writeup about Senegal.
- A book review.
- Two book reviews.
- A magazine review.
- Two magazine reviews.
- Review a podcast
- A story where the bad guy wins.
- Use one of the three secret mystery words in a writeup. (You can earn a point for each word.)
- A Gone in 60 Seconds: 2014 Quest Entry.
- A factual writeup about a charity.
- A superhero and/or superheroine story.
- Add something to an existing category (it may be your own category).
- Fill a nodeshell.
- Something from your childhood.
- Satisfy five or more quest targets with one writeup.
- Five writeups in any one quest target.
- Node an art project.
- A story that prominently features a dead fish.
- An article on a current news item.
- A scary story.
- A node involving a family member (a real member of your family; yes, it can be a daylog).
- A writeup in a node with a title starting with the letter U.
- Quest outside the box: have at least two writeups that do not garner quest points (to be determined at the end of the quest).
- Recommend a quest target, and have it seconded (you are not responsible for finding someone to second your target).
- Second a user submitted quest target.
- Be the first noder to fill the first quester recommended target.
Quester suggested quest targets:
- Use the word fuck at least three times and fucking mean it. Bitch it out. (Not yet seconded)
- a story about a heroine who disciplines, anyone who hurts a child. (Not yet seconded)
Quester seconded quest targets:
- A story about a female lizard, dinosaur, or dragon.
- Node a foreign word or phrase.
The quest starts on Friday the 11th. Everything you post between midnight server time 11/07/2014 and 22/07/2014 will be counted for the quest. Let me know that you are participating.
You may enter the quest after 11/07; entering the quest will automatically enter all writeups written during the quest period into the quest.
Please do not put little notes in your writeups letting everyone know that they were done for SMNFQ'13S!. It's not like Gone in 60 Seconds or The Blood is the Life: A Frightful Halloween Quest, where following the link is likely to turn up more of the same genre. Softlinking back here, though, is fine, and your quest writeups will all be listed in this node.
Entries with a rep of zero or less will be disqualified; deleted writeups will not be counted towards the quest. Everything else is good.
There is no length requirement.
Aside from the inherent rewards that come from noding, you'll get one 10 GP blessing for every five writeups you post as part of the Quest; there will also be GP rewards for 1st place (150 GP), 2nd place (100 GP), 3rd place (50 GP) and the possibility of honorable mentions.
And ALSO Tem42 will donate one dollar to Kiva.org for every scavenger hunt item noded by each noder. And one dollar for every C! earned on a quest entry. And another dollar for any writeup topping a rep of 20. If you 'earn' $20 or more, you will be able to request a specific Kiva recipient (or country, or population, or gender). This will be donated under the E2 Lending Community*.
Last year we raised $548. I expect better from you.
ALSO, lizardinlaw will match Tem42 dollar for dollar. Double the power! Shazam!
- July 16, 1998 (1, 2, 22, 29)
- Sonnet XV (4, 21)
- Una furtiva lagrima (30, b)
- (33, 34)
- Writeups: 3 (0 GP), Categories: 10, C!s: 6, Total: $16
- The mime and me (6)
- Krypto the Superdog (2, 19)
- World Cup: Brazil 2014 (7, 27)
- Under the Boardwalk (20, 21, 22, 30)
- Senegalese Tirailleurs (8, 9, b)
- Gyotaku (25, 26, 4)
- July 18, 1959 (1, 29)
- Writeups: 7 (10 GP), Categories: 17, C!s: 13, Total: $30
- The introverted thinker and Bing (3, 22, 29)
- June 14, 2012 (1, 2)
- Bing at the Lake Place (15)
- Bing at the Lake Place 2 (6, 23, 26, 28)
- Gamma Girl Fights On (19)
- The Introverted Thinker and the pink dress (24)
- The Extroverted Feeler's first date
- July 16, 2014
- Underwire (30)
- March 1, 1980 (8)
- (31, 32, 33)
- The Caregiver (4)
- The Mother Daughter Show (25)
- Blue crab
- What have you learned from your patients today?
- Ungke (b, 30)
- Writeups: 16 (30 GP), Categories: 20, C!s: 4, Total: $24
- attach yourself to small things, for the world is large and you must start somewhere (4, 20, 21, 29)
- The mime and me (6)
- April 28, 1961 (1, 22)
- life goes on easy for me, most of the time (26)
- Forever and a day
- July 17, 2014
- Feeding America (18, 24)
- The Fault in Our Stars (10, 21)
- Chikungunya (27, b)
- oh no (says the pot, in the direction of the kettle) bad news
- However, we have birds and wonderful green trees and rain.
- Only a Dog (2, 11, 23)
- Unique memory mapping box (25, 30)
- Writeups: 13 (20 GP), Categories: 16, C!s: 13, Over 20: 1, Total: $30
- Green-Cheeked Conure
- jump rope rhymes (4, 20, 22, 29)
- Aimery Vise, the Annis Witch (3, 28)
- Hungry, cold, and hiding from the last of the dying sunlight, the children of an unknown darkness wait. (19)
- Writeups: 5 (10 GP), Categories: 8, C!s: 14, Over 20: 1, Total: $23
for 150 GP
20 with categories!
for 100 GP
With 16 categories!
: Best category/writeup ratio: 50 GP Bonus
: Tie for most money raised: 50 GP Bonus
to Kiva from Tem42.
to Kiva from lizardinlaw
A grand total of $274
*Due to the difficulty of juggling charities, Tem will determine the distribution of most funds. The default is Kiva.org targeting loans in the educational and agricultural domains. If you raise at least 20 points, you may request a loan in another domain -- or to a specific country, gender, etc.
Any participant may request that their winnings go to Path (path.org); no minimum level required. To keep things simple, no other charities are open at this time, unless you would like to sponsor them yourself.
Kiva allows funds that are loaned to be withdrawn as cash once the original loans are repaid. SuperMegaNodeFestQuest (Tem division) funds are not withdrawn; they are continuously reloaned, and last year's winnings are still helping folks around the world. This year's winnings will be 100% new donations made in cold hard cash.