Located in Argyll, a district on the west side of Scotland. Stronachullin is a Grade 2 listed building situated on the coast of Loch Fyne, a spot that attracts wildlife such as seals, deer, various fowl and birds of prey, red squirrel, adders, porpoises and haggis. Near to the small towns of Lochgilphead and Ardrishaig.

IainB's mum now run's Stronachullin Lodge as self catering holiday accomodation and it is open for booking. Modernised for business in 1996, there are now four generous units to the house (it was one really big house prior to the conversion), three of which are for holiday makers, "The Piping Wing", "The Old Kitchen", and "The Stables".

I fell in love with the house and it's land when I first laid eyes on it, the land is scenic and the house is beautiful. It was built by the Graham-Campbells in 1894 and designed by Sir Robert Lorimer as a hunting lodge. The style of the house demonstrates some of the influence of Scots Baronial style that the renowned architect is famed for though the scale of the property is not as great as many of his later works. Which leads the owners to humbly describe the building as one of his "practice" pieces.

The estate is also home to many species of rhododendron, for which it has some fame for.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.