You can't escape the sun forever. Crawling across the floor, unseen momentum pushing towards the inevitable. Slowly; the foot of your bed, your toes, onward up the back of your leg, a hair at a time. This aggression, this premeditated assault; it'd be treacherous if it wasn't so pleasant. Out of your window, the dew is all but burnt off. The haze retreats, your last fortifications crumble.


Rise. Shine.

How do you cope with these early summer mornings? That aimless ennui born from a temporary lack of direction? It's really quite simple.


Strawberry Honey Yogurt
You find a glass measuring cup. You check the fridge, the pantry.
Set aside. Eat a strawberry. Smile. Preheat an oven to 375. Find some bread. Your best bet for the bread is a good bakery white; something a little fluffy. A dense bread will crack later on, when you try to stuff it. Eat another Strawberry.


Strawberry Stuffed French Toast
Batter:
  • Two large eggs
  • half a cup whipping (35%) cream
  • A teaspoon of cinnamon
  • Half a teaspoon of nutmeg
  • A teaspoon of lemon zest
  • A teaspoon of orange zest

Set aside. Eat a Strawberry. Take out your bread, and cut two slices, about 1.5 inches (4 cm) thick. Set these aside while you slice up another 10 or so strawberries. To stuff the bread, you're going to cut slits into it, lengthwise. Use a knife to open the slit, insert berries, repeat. When you have stuffed both slices of bread, dip liberally in the batter. Butter a pan over medium heat. Cook both sides of the toast until golden, and then slide in the oven. Allow the toast to bake for 7-10 minutes.

Serve dusted with icing sugar, and dripping with the honey yogurt from above.






Oh, how that livin is easy.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.