*Compiled from Wired News, As The Apple Turns, and MacCentral*

At a meeting of independent Apple resellers at Macworld Expo San Francisco 2001 this week, Apple's CEO Steve Jobs "unexpectedly dropped in."

According to those in attendance, the "great man" gave a short talk and then took questions from the floor for more than an hour. The resellers -- a bunch of no-nonsense businessmen and not your typical artsy-fartsy Macintosh types -- were impressed by his candor. Jobs gave frank and honest answers to tough questions in this time of trouble for the company and its partners, they said.

They were also impressed by his incredible potty mouth. Reportedly every sentence he uttered -- every single one -- contained an expletive.

"I can't tell you how many times he used the 'f' word." said one reseller.

"I was surprised," said another. "He wasn't like he was during his keynotes."

Here's Jobs on the experience of buying a computer compared to buying a car: "At least you can go to an auto dealer and test drive a fucking car."

On Apple's poor education sales this year: "We fucked up. We fucked up big time."

And when told by dealers that Apple's recently-departed Sales VP Mitch Manditch enacted a policy that stopped allowing resellers to reprint Apple's ads in local papers, he said, "You're fucking joking?"

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.