Date of Birth (DOB): 23 July 1974
Place of Birth: Dallas, Texas, USA
Raised: San Angelo, Texas, USA
Currently Resides: New York, New York, USA

Stephanie March is an actor best known for her role as ADA Alexandra 'Alex' Cabot in Dick Wolf's Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, appearing in the shows second, third and fourth seasons as well as 4 episodes of the fifth season before quitting to explore other opportunities and avoid typecasting. Recently, she returned to SVU for a single episode in its sixth season. Her work with SVU has led to her involvement with the charity Safe Horizon, where she is a board member.

Before SVU she appeared on screen in Arthur Miller's Death of a Salesman (2000) as Miss Forsythe, an episode of Early Edition, television movie Since You've Been Gone, the film Focus Room (with SVU co-star Dann Florek) and another film called Coasting.

Since SVU she has appeared in Head of State (2003) and hosted the Food Networks' What America Eats with PARADE. She is also in 3 films that have yet to be released: Mr. and Mrs. Smith, starring Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt; Social Grace, directed by SVU co-star B. D. Wong; and Flannel Pajamas.

She was born in Dallas, Texas and raised in San Angelo, Texas. She loved the arts from a young age, first taking the stage in a high school play, and went to the same high school as Angie Harmon - she was a freshman when Harmon was a senior (Angie Harmon played ADA Abbie Carmichael in some Season 1 episodes of Law & Order: SVU, a character she also played for some years on Law & Order). She then attended Northwestern University. IMDb reports her major as Latin while NBC lists two - Hispanic Studies and Theater. Her first audition after graduation got her the role of Helena in a Chicago production of A Midsummer Night's Dream. She made her Broadway debut in 1999 in a production of Death of a Salesman. Other stage productions she has appeared in include Deep Freeze, Vanguards, Jeeves in the Morning, Griller and Enchanted April.

On 19 December 2003 her boyfriend, Bobby Flay (a celebrity chef), proposed to her while they were ice skating at the Rockefeller Center. The couple had started dating after being set up on a blind date by March's SVU co-star Mariska Hargitay. They married on the 20th of February 2005 at St. Peter's Episcopal Church in New York.

She is an avid reader who also enjoys yoga, swimming and dancing. If she hadn't found a career in acting she would have liked to have had a career in foreign policy, such as a foreign diplomat for the United Nations. Peaches are her favourite fruit and she loves the double jalapeno cheeseburger from the Sonic Drive-In in Texas, "[it] is insanely good. It's so greasy and gooey with cheese and peppers, and they serve it with tater tots."

Sources:
The Internet Movie Database - http://www.imdb.com/
NBC's Official Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Site - http://www.nbc.com/Law_&_Order:_Special_Victims_Unit/index.html
Safe Horizon's Website - http://www.safehorizon.org/
The Crash Room: Fangirl Obsessions - http://svucrib.com/~tcr/main.htm
Un-Official Stephanie March Fansite - http://andelew.tripod.com/
The Food Network's Official What America Eats with PARADE Site - http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_wa

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.