Plot: Two single parents meet up during a vacation, fall in love, and get married. Oh, and they each happen to have 3 kids (a la Brady Bunch, but meaner and with more sexual innuendo between the parents). Their kids include:

  • Frank Lambert (Patrick Duffy)-the dad, a goofball who has good intentions, but is really just horny
  • Carol Foster (Suzanne Somers)-the ever-playful mom, who wants everyone to just get along
  • Dana (Staci Keanan)-brainy one who goes blonde
  • JT (Brandon Call)-cool smart-aleck who is dyslexic
  • Karen (Angela Watson)-brunette beauty queen
  • Al (Christine Lakin)-scrub tomboy who turns gorgeous and gets a cult following...
  • Mark (Christopher Castile)-nerdy little boy who has a sudden character change and begins smoking cigars and the like
  • Brendan(Josh Byrne)-adventurous 11-year old who gets cut in 1997.

Oh and don't forget Cody (Sasha Mitchell), the guy who lives in a van and constantly says 'Dude.' (he is the cousin of Frank, and his van's name is Lucille)

liveforever says re Step By Step: Sasha Mitchell is the bright light of this series - the only thing worth watching it for.

Random info for your amusement and enlightenment:
Set in Port Washington, Wisconsin. Originally aired from September 1991 to 1997 on ABC, and was then bought by CBS and continued until July 1998.

Why it went downhill: There are several theories. Some blame it on the introduction of a baby (Lilly), some on the inconsistancies (Carol's hairdresser next to the house disappered quite randomly). The most amusing complaint: "When Christine Lakin never wore a white T-shirt and blue jeans during the spring 1997 and 1997-1998 seasons...young, red-blooded male viewers like myself (I was in my mid-20s at the time) were deprived of seeing just how beautiful Christine really was while wearing a white T-shirt and jeans, particularly if she would have had a really great suntan"

comment found on www.jumptheshark.com/s/stepbystep.htm


Produced by: same people who came up with Full House and Family Matters (Michael Warren, William Bickley, Robert L. Boyett, and Thomas L. Miller).

Directed by: Patrick Duffy



www.abcfamilynet.com/shows/step/main.html
www.tvtome.com

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.