A 1996 movie directed by Bernardo Bertolucci ("Last Tango in Paris") starring Liv Tyler, Jeremy Irons, Donal McCann, Sinead Cusack and D.W. Moffett. Rated R and running length is one hour and 58 minutes.

A good film, although not Bertolucci's best work, about a 19-year-old girl named Lucy (Liv) who visits a Tuscany villa after her mother has committed suicide, in search of her real father. It is also discovered while she is visiting that Lucy is still a virgin- a predicament she wishes to remedy (with the right person) and one that several residents, of course, wish to help her with. One man in the villa is her father, and another will offer her the first sexual encounter of her life- who might these two men be?

There is the handsome Niccolo, the guy Lucy once had a crush on several years before. There is Alex Parrish (Irons), a terminally ill writer charmed by Lucy. There is Ian (McCann), a married sculptor, and several others.

Though the film could have gone more in-depth with Lucy, the cinematography is gorgeous (I mean look at the location), and the movie is still worth watching. Too bad it doesn't offer an anal sex scene with butter as a lubricant like "Last Tango." Oh well.

The movie also has a terrific soundtrack- one of my favorites, actually.

"2 Wicky" by Hoover
"Glory Box" by Portishead
"If 6 Was 9" by Axiom Funk
"Annie Mae" by John Lee Hooker
"Rocket Boy" by Liz Phair
"Superstition" by Stevie Wonder
"My Baby Just Cares for Me" by Nina Simone
"I'll Be Seeing You" by Billie Holiday
"Rhymes of an Hour" by Mazzy Star
"Alice" by Cocteau Twins
"You Won't Fall" by Lori Carson
"I Need Love" by Sam Phillips

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.