"Though you build high like the eagle, Though you set your nest among the stars, From there I will bring you down," declares the LORD.     —Obadiah 1:4 (NASB)

The Second Ark

The Save Humanity Conglomerate worked arduously and secretly to create the world's first nuclear spaceship and interstellar habitat. They had to leave earth --though where to, they knew not; after the initially benign Savior of Mankind headquartered in Jerusalem was now a war mongering meglamaniac. He was forcing even those in the sovereign United States to take his combination GPS and financial implant, or wither and starve.

There will be great earthquakes and famines and plagues in various places, and there will be fearful events and awful signs from heaven.    —Luke 21:11 (NASB)

They were on their way: the rods beneath their fuselage glowing hotter than a sun, it must have been quite a show down below. Maybe it would take minds off the carnage, the sickness and pyrotechnics of persisent angry magma.

Wait! Why was the earth all of a sudden looming larger? klaxons sounded, the reverend on board knew this was not the escape afforded those in the Philadelphian congregation. Everyone now knew their hopes and prayers were too late and in vain as they felt themselves become increasingly hot and heavy.

The third angel sounded, and a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of waters. The name of the star is called Wormwood; and a third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died from the waters, because they were made bitter.     —Revelation 8:10-11 (NASB)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.