St. Albans, city and capital of Franklin county, Vt.; near Lake Champlain and on the Central Vermont railroad; 30 miles N. by E. of Burlington; commands a fine view of Lake Champlain and the Adirondack and Green Mountains; contains large railroad shops, creameries, and manufactories of farm implements and clothing; has the St. Albans Academy, Warner Home for Little Wanderers, Warner Hospital, Franklin Library, and Vila Barlow Convent; was raided by Confederates in 1864; and was a Fenian headquarters in 1866. Pop. (1910) 6,381.

Entry from Everybody's Cyclopedia, 1912.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.