A carbonated beverage of the 7up/Dr. Pepper family, which is, in turn, part of Cadbury-Schweppes.

There are two basic brands of Squirt: traditional citrus and Ruby Red. The former is sold in yello-labeled cans and bottles, is quite refreshing, and has no caffeine. The latter is far too sweet and glows in the dark.

Traditional Squirt is widely regarded as the best caffeine-free beverage known to man.

Ingredients: carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup and/or sugar, concentrated grapefruit juices, citric acid, food starch-modified, sodium benzoate (preservative), concentrated orange juice, natural flavors, ester of wood rosin (????), concentrated lemon juice, brominated vegetable oil, calcium disodium edta (preservative).

Squirt was the name of a prototype autonomous robot built at MIT in 1989. At the time it was the smallest robot ever built, coming in at just over 1 cubic inch. Using strictly off-the-shelf components, Squirt incorporated an 8-bit computer, an on-board power supply, three sensors and a propulson system, though the only movements it could perform were forward and back-and-turn using one motor and a clutch in the rear axel. It was programmed to "hide" in dark corners, only coming out at the approach of a noise. It was succeeded by Goliath an even smaller robot, and, later, by the Ants series of robots. Squirt is pictured in Mobile Robots: Inspiration to Implementation.

Squirt (?), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Squirted; p. pr. & vb. n. Squirting.] [Cf. LG. swirtjen to squirt, OSw. sqvätta, E. squander.]

To drive or eject in a stream out of a narrow pipe or orifice; as, to squirt water.

The hard-featured miscreant coolly rolled his tobacco in his cheek, and squirted the juice into the fire grate.
Sir W. Scott.

Squirting cucumber. (Bot.) See Ecballium.

 

© Webster 1913


Squirt, v. i.

1.

To be thrown out, or ejected, in a rapid stream, from a narrow orifice; - - said of liquids.

2.

Hence, to throw out or utter words rapidly; to prate. [Low] L'Estrange.

 

© Webster 1913


Squirt, n.

1.

An instrument out of which a liquid is ejected in a small stream with force. Young.

2.

A small, quick stream; a jet. Bacon.

 

© Webster 1913


Squirt, n. (Hydrodynamics)

The whole system of flow in the vicinity of a source.

 

© Webster 1913

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.