A nice tomato sauce, very slightly spicy to give a touch of that sweet, sweet kick.

Ingredients

Directions

In a pot heat some oil. Finely dice the garlic. Once the oil is hot add the garlic, chives and rosemary. Stir untill the garlic starts to brown.

Add the chopped tomatoes and the whole tomatoes. Using the back of your stirring impliment (I recommend a wooden spoon as I always worry that the bottom of a plastic one will melt due to a nasty incident with a plastic cooking impliment and a very very very hot frying pan many many years ago (prise be unto wire wool...)) crush the whole tomatoes against the side of the pot, releasing all the juices inside them.

Stir, bring to the boil.

Once it gets to a boil add a large tea spoon of whole grain mustard and your chilli. If you are using powdered or seeds then add roughly a teaspoon of chilli. If using fresh then add a finely diced whole red chilli.

Stir some more. Cover with a lid and let simmer on a low heat for one hour.

Put a fine meshed sieve into a glass bowl. Pour the sauce in to the sieve and use your wooden spoon to try and crush as much as the sauce as possible through the sieve. Once this is done, scrape the pulp back out of the sieve and add it back to the liquid. The whole point of this step was to ensure that the solids in the sauce were appropriatly pulped by your pushing it against the sieve sides.

Cover and put into the fridge, let it rest for a while and cool down.

When you want to use it just pour it into a pan and reheat it.

Pour over your food and eat! Its very good on with easy potato cakes topped with an artichoke heart. Yum Yum!!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.