A one time cool comic that is still very popular. It was created by Todd McFarlane and helped make Image Comics more than an independent comic book company. Spawn never once had the Comic code authority ensignia on its cover meaning that it could have all the blood, mayhem, sex, and vulgarity it wanted because it wasn't regulated. Despite this it still is a comic children can buy without having an adult buy it for them.

A Silverchair song, which went through two mutations, before the final release, "Spawn Again" on the Neon Ballroom album.

Their first release of the song was only given to extras in the "Anthem for the year 2000" video. Very rare to find an original release (duh, you'd have to be an extra on that video...) It was recently re-released on "The Best Of: Volume 1" album. It sounded very raw, and powerful. Almost like you were in the studio with them...

The second release came on the soundtrack for the Spawn movie. It was actually a remix, with Vitro providing the alterations. Very dark and imposing this time, "Spawn" was mutating into something just as primitive - in an industrial sort of way...

Finally, the last release came on the Neon Ballroom album as "Spawn Again". The song was completely reworked, and you can tell right from the get-go. Everything sounds smoother, not quite as heavy. Extra lyrics were added, and some sounds altered, but the final product compared well with the first two. It stood on its own. Not as heavy or raw as the first two releases, but definitely not something to skip over.

Spawn is the EverQuest (most MMORPGs actually) term for when something comes into existance. The term, AFAIK, comes from Quake originally (same meaning).

Camping a spawn is when you stand near where someone/thing will spawn, usually so you can kill it. Camping for items is a big part of EverQuest, thus the term EverCamp.
spangle = S = special-case

spawn n.,vi.

1. [techspeak] In Unix parlance, to create a child process from within a process. Technically this is a `fork'; the term `spawn' is a bit more general and is used for threads (lightweight processes) as well as traditional heavyweight processes. 2. In gaming, meant to indicate where (`spawn-point') and when a player comes to life (or `re-spawns') after being killed. Opposite of frag.

--The Jargon File version 4.3.1, ed. ESR, autonoded by rescdsk.

Spawn (?), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Spawned (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Spawning.] [OE. spanen, OF. espandre, properly, to shed, spread, L. expandere to spread out. See Expand.]

1.

To produce or deposit (eggs), as fishes or frogs do.

2.

To bring forth; to generate; -- used in contempt.

One edition [of books] spawneth another. Fuller.

 

© Webster 1913.


Spawn, v. i.

1.

To deposit eggs, as fish or frogs do.

2.

To issue, as offspring; -- used contemptuously.

 

© Webster 1913.


Spawn, n. [&root;170. See Spawn, v. t.]

1.

The ova, or eggs, of fishes, oysters, and other aquatic animals.

2.

Any product or offspring; -- used contemptuously.

3. Hort.

The buds or branches produced from underground stems.

4. Bot.

The white fibrous matter forming the matrix from which fungi.

Spawn eater Zool., a small American cyprinoid fish (Notropis Hudsonius) allied to the dace.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.