Sora is a character in Escaflowne: A Girl in Gaea. Her name means "sky" in Japanese. She did not appear in the TV series.

She serves Lord Folken, and has clairvoyant powers: she can sense where Hitomi is, and in fact summoned her to Gaea in the first place, by singing her mysterious song.

Some fans of the movie say that she is the Goddess of Wings, and Hitomi is merely a catalyst or tool that she used (or tried to use) to fulfil the prophecies. This idea makes sense if you watch the movie through with this in mind.

Sora's song is not Japanese; it is apparently an old Fanelian folk song.

Win dain a lotica
En val tu ri
Si lo ta
Fin dein a loluca
En dragu a sei lain
Vi fa-ru les shutai am
En riga-lint

Win chent a lotica
En val turi
Silota
Fin dein a loluca
Si katigura neuver
Floreria for chesti
Si entina

(instrumental)

Fontina Blu Cent
De cravi esca letisimo
Lalala…
De quantian
La finde reve

Win dain a lotica
En vai tu ri
Si lo ta
Fin dein a loluca
En dragu a sei lain
Vi fa-ru les shutai am
En riga-lint

Sora is the main, playable character in Disney and Squaresoft's Kingdom Hearts. Sora lives on Destiny Island with his two friends, Riku and Kairi. When the Heartless arrive and begin to rip his home asunder, Sora is chosen to be the Keyblade Master and is transported away to Traverse Town where he begins his journey to find the friends he was seperated from and to find out who is controlling the deadly Heartless.

So"ra (?), n. Zool.

A North American rail (Porzana Carolina) common in the Eastern United States. Its back is golden brown, varied with black and white, the front of the head and throat black, the breast and sides of the head and neck slate-colored. Called also American rail, Carolina rail, Carolina crake, common rail, sora rail, soree, meadow chicken, and orto.

King sora, the Florida gallinule.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.