This node proudly brought to you as another Noding Your National Icons node.



♫ Wash your hands Geoffrey, with the Solvol Geoffrey! ♫

The jingle once shouted by Australian families from across the country is now almost forgotten by the younger generation, but the soap is not. From its humble beginnings in Melbourne to its nationally-recognised status as the hand cleaner, "The soap for hard working hands" has stood by Aussies since 1915. The grey block of pumice-embossed soap has remained relatively unchanged over the past 95 years. The dirt shifting formula, the colour and the scent have been optimised slightly, and potentially harmful ingredients have been removed as they've been discovered.

In the year 2000, WD-40 Company acquired Australia's leading hand cleaner, Solvol. 2005 marked the 90th birthday of Solvol with a natural citrus oil and moisturiser including liquid format of the icon.

Solvol is listed on its MSDS as an "abrasive hand soap cleaner." The product should be kept out of the eyes, and should not be inhaled or ingested. It's hard to make burn. Solvol is kind to even sensitive skin, and is suitable for everyday use for your entire life.

Manufacturer's website is here: http://www.wd40.com.au/

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.