My friend suggested this drink to me a while ago. Now I consume it more often than he does. Interested in it's contents (this is spanned over all types of SoBe), I compiled a list for my reference. I present this to you now.

Arginine is an amino acid that enhances overall physical performance. It helps to increase muscle tone while decreasing fat and also stimulates the body's immune system.

Astragalus to help combat fatigue.

Calcium is an essential mineral that helps the body maintain its skeletal strength. Every cell needs calcium to survive and it helps to build healthy muscle tissue, particularly around the heart.

Carnitine is an amino acid that helps the body produce energy while contributing to the reduction of cholesterol and through more efficient utilisation of oxygen.

ChromeMate, a patented form of the mineral chromium, helps the body metabolise fat and works to reduce the level of harmful cholesterol.

Chromium Picolinate is recognised for its ability to help convert body fat to muscle when used in conjunction with a program of regular exercise.

CitriMax, an all-natural plant extract, is an appetite suppressant that also works to inhibit fat creation.

Creatine is an amino acid that helps the muscles store energy and then convert that energy into the power required to perform. In addition, Creatine reduces the amount of time required for a muscle to re-energise itself which allows an athlete, or individual, to deliver a series of peak performances in a compressed time period.

Damiana is a reputed sexual stimulant that improves overall body function.

Echinacea is an herb that most naturalists consider to be the premiere cold and flu remedy in the health food store. Known for its blood purifying qualities and its ability to help boost the body's immune system, Echinacea is probably the most famous of all the natural immunotonics

Epimedium, also known as Horny Goat Weed, has the most colourful history. Legend has it that an ancient Chinese goat herder noticed that his flock suddenly became sexually active after eating in a certain patch of weeds. Further investigation of this weed patch and a little leaf chewing resulted in the discovery of Epimedium. In the years that followed, Horny Goat Weed became one of the most widely used herbs in the Far East

Ginkgo is a primary brain and mental energy stimulant. Known for its beneficial effect on blood circulation, which positively impacts the function of the brain, Ginkgo has the ability to enhance alertness among both young and old alike. It has also received a significant amount of favourable publicity surrounding several recent studies that reported its positive impact on memory and the thought process.

Ginseng is reputed to have tremendous power as a tonic and invigorater. Perhaps the most widely used herbal supplement in the world, Ginseng provides energy to all body systems which improves stamina and promotes recovery from stress or fatigue. It is also thought to improve sexual energy, although we'll leave that to your own personal experience.

Gotu Kola is used in India and China for its ability to enhance intelligence and increase memory and is called "food for the brain" in many cultures.

Guarana is a natural central nervous system stimulant which promotes immediate energy and a clearer flow of thought. Originating in the Amazon rain forest, Guarana has a long history of use in health foods as a preferred substitute for other forms of caffeine.

Kava Kava can calm the mind and encourage feelings of sociability.

Proline for its ability to contribute to cellular strengths.

Reishi Mushroom is used by the people of the Orient to promote vitality and help lower cholesterol.

Schizandra acts synergistically with ginseng by gently stimulate the central nervous system to help lift your spirits and move you toward a state of relaxation and meditation. Also a favourite herb of Chinese Emperors. Thought to be a sexual enhancer that can improve physical performance.

St. John's Wort has long been the favoured treatment for depression in Germany. In fact, the British Medical Journal reported that St. John's Wort is "more effective than placebo" for mild to moderate depression. Here in the United States celebrities, artists and ordinary people are using St. John's Wort regularly as reported in the New York Times.

Suma is a South American version of ginseng, considered to be an energy tonic and fatigue fighter

Taurine to help the heart and nervous system function efficiently.

Valerian Root helps to reduce tension and anxiety.

Wolfberry known for having a high concentration of the amino acid L-lucine which works to strengthen the immune system. Wolfberry is also thought to promote muscle growth and help restore energy.

Yerba Mate to tone the nervous system and stimulate the mind.

Yohimbe provides sustained energy through hormone stimulation and improved blood flow to the major muscle groups. Effective in the production of testosterone, Yohimbe has been used for centuries as a sexual rejuvenator and has a well-deserved reputation as an aphrodisiac.

Zinc is a mineral that is essential to the overall well being of the immune system. It also enhances sensory perception and promotes mental alertness, which is critical when you are snowboarding through the trees.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.