Components:
  • One Pringles tube (any flavour)
  • Water (or alcoholic beverage)
  • Two biro pens
  • Some joints

Procedure:

It's important that the biro pens are the kind that you can easily remove the ink rod from .. it won't work otherwise. It's also important to save the lid of the tube after the contents have been consumed.

Provided that Pringles tubes are the same the world over (no reason they shouldn't be) they are all watertight. The beauty of this design is that it can be easily made in less than 5 minutes, requires no sealants such as blu-tack or sellotape, and all the components are cheap and easy to find. Given the simplicity of construction, you should be able build one even when your hand-eye coordination is impaired.

Remove the ink rods and tips from the biro pens, you should have two hollow plastic tubes. Stab one into either side of the Pringles tube, one high up, the other low down. Provided you don't 'wiggle' them about too much, the tension against the cardboard of the tube should provide a perfect seal, and no leakage will occur.

The lower biro should be angled upward, or else you will have to be careful and hold the bong with it pointing upwards whilst smoking. Make sure you when you roll your joints not to make them into 'needles'. The joints will be stuck into the end of the lower biro, if they stick in too far, you'll either burn plastic and inhale fumes, or waste the end portion of the joint.

Once filled with water, be careful not to let the joint fall below water level, or else the water will flow up the biro and soak the joint. This precaution should be observed with all disposable bongs of this general design.

Replace the lid of the Pringles tube, and light the joint. Sucking on the upper biro will draw smoke through the water (or alcoholic beverage) and into the upper half of the tube. Suction from you will pull the lid down, creating the necessary seal.

Whilst this bong will probably only be good for a few joints, the biro's can be reused over and over, and tubes of Pringles are cheap. They have the added benefit of containing tasty snacks as well.
Along a similar vein, I present you How to make a pipe out of a Pringles tube

Disclaimer: I don't do drugs, because as a result of my medical condition, I prefer to keep a lucid mind as often as possible. However, that says nothing about people I occasionally associate with.

Background
Me and two friends were heading down to New York City for a protest. Through the confusing vagaries of the MTA Metro North system, we made the wrong switch at Brewster North and ended up going in the wrong direction. Fortunately, we weren't the only ones who did this, as almost everyone else on our train did the same thing. While this made us feel a little better about fucking up, it didn't change the fact that we could either ride all the way back up to Wassaic and start over, or sleep in the Patterson station overnight and catch the first morning train to Brewster North. We chose the latter, and found ourselves in that one heated room with two benches that they have at backwater train stations.

Another guy made the same decision we did, and seemed pretty cool. Eventually, the conversation shifted to certain narcotic substances, and somebody happened to have a few pellets on them. Thus, the quest to make some sort of a bong-like apparatus began. Since there were no trains for the rest of the night, the guy we met jumped down onto the track and started looking for uncrushed beer/soda cans, in the hope that we* could make a water bong. He found one eventually, but early attempts at poking a hole in it failed. Suddenly, we remembered that one of my friends had a near-empty can of Pringles in his bag.

The Pipe
Initially, their plan was to poke several holes on the top of the Pringle can (on one end) and to inhale from the opening. In essence, this**:


holes here | | |
V V V
______________________ _ _ __
|
opening |
opening |
_____________________________|



Unfortunately, someone poked the hole at the top too big, thus defeating the idea. Suddenly, I remembered that I had a roll of duct tape in my bag (after all, you never know what you need at a protest). The can was reconfigured as so:


holes through layer | | |
of duct tape here V V V
______________________ _ _ __
@ |
opening (through duct tape) |
@ |
@____________________________|

After this kluge, the three proceeded to put the pellets on top of the holes, light them up, and inhale the smoke through the hole of the duct tape. They seemed rather pleased, and I was quite amused by the whole affair, especially when they were talking about a Sour Cream and Onion high.


*While I already said that I don't do drugs, I wanted to see these guys succeed, if only because the massive amount of creative thought that was put into the problem.

**Using ASCII art to depect a Pringles pipe on E2 is either my pinnacle as a noder or the beginning of my downfall. Discuss amongst yourselves.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.