Simms Taback grew up in the Bronx. Yiddish was his first language. Originally he planned to study engineering, but after trying art school, he found he loved it. He graduated from Cooper Union, and became a freelance illustrator in 1960.

Simms has been a designer for the New York Times, a graphic artist with CBS Records, and a professor at the School of Visual Arts at Syracuse University. Plus he opened his own design studio,and started a greeting-card business in the 80s. Plus he has illustrated over thirty-five children's books. Simms has won over a hundred art awards. He served for two years as president of the Illustrators Guild, five years as president of the New York Graphics Artists Guild, and is a member of the Society of Illustrators. The New York Times has put his books on their best-illustrated list, twice.

Simms is now exclusively a kid's book author and illustrator, and doesn't plan to quit anytime soon. He lives with his wife in Willow, New York. He has three grown children, and three grandkids.


Books:

The Book of Cards for Kids

Buggy

Fishy Riddles

Jason's Bus Ride

Joseph Had a Little Overcoat   (2000 Caldecott Medal)

Laughing Together: Giggles and Grins from Around the Globe

Monday to Friday Pasta

Road Builders

Sam's Wild West Show

Snakey Riddles

Spacey Riddles

There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly

This Is the House That Jack Built

Too Much Noise

Two Little Witches

When I First Came to This Land

Where is My Baby?

Who Said Moo?


thanks to:
http://www.embracingthechild.com/bookspecialtaback.html
http://www.creativeparents.com/simmsinterv.html
www.amazon.com

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.