The sima is the lower layer of the earth's outer crust that underlies the sial and is rich in silica, iron, and magnesium. Term comes from silica and magnesium.

As for Webster 1913's definition, a cyma is a member or molding of the cornice, the profile of which is wavelike in form.

Amazing what you can find in a modern dictionary.

The wife of a sifu may be properly addressed as sima, also simo. Martial arts in traditional China were often taught within families, thus honorific titles that carry connotations of familial relations. Generally, American women martial arts teachers use the masculine honorific.

Sima is a traditional Finnish drink, a lightly fermented brew of hops and lemon. It is slightly fizzy and non-alcoholic - unless you let it ferment too long.

Sima is an anytime refreshment that increases your energy. Try it out when you have a bunch of thirsty people to satisfy.

Ingredients:

Directions:

Dissolve yeast in warm water. Peel fruit, set aside rind. Remove as much of white membrane as possible from fruit. Place sliced fruit, fruit peels, white sugar, and brown sugar into large heat-resistant container. Add boiling water. Cool to lukewarm. Stir in yeast mix. Cover loosely and let sit overnight at room temperature to begin fermenting. Strain and discard fruit and peels. Place 3 or 4 raisins in each storage bottle. Pour in liquid. Cap tight and leave at room temperature until raisins float. Then keep cold.

Yield: 1 ½ gallons
Source: Paraphrased from Telesco, A Kitchen Witch's Cookbook
Use for: Anytime

Pagan recipes

Si"ma (?), n. Arch.

A cyma.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.