Prof. Dr. Siegfried Broß is a judge in the Second Senat of the German Bundesverfassungsgericht (Federal Constitutional Court). He was born on 18 July 1946 in Stuttgart, and passed the state bar examinations in 1970 and 1973. He went on to work at the Faculty of Laws of the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität of Munich from 1971 - 1976, where he worked at the Institute for Church Law and History of Church Law. He received his doctorate in law after writing a dissertation on medieval appellate procedure.

His judicial career began in 1973, when he became a judge at the Munich Administrative Court. After his brief stint as an administrative judge, he moved into municipal administration in Mühldorf am Inn (1975-76). This was followed by two years as a research assistant at the Federal Constitutional Court. From here, he moved back to academia, teaching in Speyer from 1977-84. In 1980, he added to his plate, joining the staff of the legal department of the Bavarian State Chancellery (Staatskanzlei). A year later he was appointed to the Bavarian Supreme Administrative Court (Verwaltungsgerichtshof). In 1986, he was promoted to the Federal Court of Justice (Bundesgerichtshof), the highest court of general jurisdiction in Germany. He served there until his promotion to the Federal Constitutional Court in 1998. He was made an honorary professor at the Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg in 2002.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.