Back to the Dim Sum metanode
Crunchy. Tastes good. Give it a try, it is easy to make. It tastes like those bags of shrimp chips you can buy in supermarkets, but this is much better than that artificial junk food.
- Trim crusts from bread. Cut each slice into 4 squares (36 squares).
- Soak 4 of the squares in water 1 second. Squeeze out liquid. Set all aside.
- In a bowl combine shrimp, water chestnuts, onions, scallion, salt, sherry, cornstarch, egg, pepper, and soaked bread squares. Mix well.
- Place 1 teaspoon of shrimp mixture on each of remaining bread squares, slightly mounded.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees in wok. Slide bread pieces into oil, a few at a time, with shrimp side down.
- Deep-fry about 1 minute. Turn and fry other side until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot.