Atari 2600 Game
Produced by: Apollo
Model Number: AP2005
Rarity: 3 Scarce
Year of Release: 1981
Programmer: Uncredited

Shark Attack is a rare Atari 2600 game based on a deep-sea diver hunting for treasure.

This game plays very similar to Pac-Man, without being nearly as smooth in the control department. Move around a maze collecting dots. Avoid the shark that swims across the screen randomly. When you collect all the dots, simply bring them back to the center of the screen and more will appear.

From the manual

You are a deep sea diver in search of a fabulous treasure of diamonds that spilled from the hold of a Spanish galleon that sank during a fierce storm in the early sixteenth century. You dive deep into the murky darkness of Dave Jones' Locker, and enter the shark-infested maze of kelp to retrieve the treasure. You know your mission is rife with danger...the menace of the man-eating sharks that patrol the kelp beds...the lurking menace of the legendary Loch Ness monster, a beast that will pursue you relentlessly if you dare invade its territory.

Collectors Information

This game was originally released under the name "Lochjaw". But there was a lawsuit related to the name. So Apollo changed a few things around and re-released the games as Shark Attack. There were 2 different colored labels produced, with the blue label being a little more rare. This title is worth around $3 USD. Games with boxes and manuals are worth even more.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.