The Seventh-Day Adventists are a Protestant Christian church, which (as is visible from the name) puts particular emphasis on the seventh-day Sabbath and the soon-coming Second Advent. The SDA church had ten million members worldwide as of 1998.

Historically, the Adventist church derives from the Millerite movements of the 1840s. The denomination was officially organized May 21, 1863. (more history later)

Seventh-Day Adventist Beliefs:

"Seventh-Day Adventists accept the Bible as their only creed and hold certain fundamental beliefs to be the teaching of the Holy Scriptures. These beliefs, as set forth here, constitute the church's understanding and expression of the teaching of Scripture. Revision of these statements may be expected at a General Conference session when the church is led by the Holy Spirit to a fuller understanding of Bible truth or finds better language in which to express the teachings of God's Holy Word."
--Fundamental Beliefs of Seventh-Day Adventists

"The Doctrine of God"

"The Doctrine of Man"

"The Doctrine of Salvation"

"The Doctrine of the Church"

"The Doctrine of the Christian Life"

"The Doctrine of Last Things"

Being a true Seventh-Day Adventist is not about getting out of work, for most anyhow. It is about the belief that the seventh day of the week (Saturday) was set forth by God at the end of the creation week (literally seven days, not weeks or years) on which all man kind is to rest and commune (spend time together) with God. SDA's believe that God loves all of those "created in (His)* image"(Genesis) unconditionally and accepts all sinners (all people) exactly as they are.

SDA's believe that all people are born inherently sinful as we are the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve, the first sinners on Earth. Because of this God has made a provision for our sinfulness with the Gift of His Son(Jesus) and his death to pay for all sin on Earth ever committed. No one is excluded. Just accept and believe.

Saturday is the day they have to worship the Creator of all things, thank Him for His mercy and love, and come into a better understanding of Him. How else are relationships built except through spending time together? Many hold different ideas of the difference between what is worshiping God and what is daily routine but all true SDA's hold to the idea that definite work such as paying bills, doing homework, painting the house, etc. are not forms of worship and do refrain from those tasks on the Sabbath. Most common 'Sabbath' activities include: church, rest, studying The Holy Bible, enjoying nature, and friend and family interaction.



*text quoted reads "Our", referring to the Godly Triune or Trinity consisting of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.